It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 06:33 AM   #1

GracieGirl HB User
muscle spasms around ribs?

I have what the drs think are severe muscle spasms from my back pain. They are killing me! The majority of my damage is in my lumbar spine, and I just found out I have degenerative facet joints on L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1, but I have a lot of pain around my bottom left rib. It feels like someone is stabbing me there. I can't stand it! Anyone experience this? What can I do? I try heat, creams, baths, massage, and TENS....nothing helps. I think I will loose my mind if it doesn't stop! AH! Help! Anyone?

5/02 onset of low back pain
11/02 physical therapy, pain same
5/03 physical therapy, discharged, not effective
7/03 lumbar MRI, disc protrusion L5-S1, annular disc tear
8/03 chiropractor, physical therapy, pain worse
10/03 MRI thoracic spine, 2 small hemangiomas, trace fluid on lungs
11/03 tested for Lupus, negative
11/03 orhtopedic surgeon, canidate for future artificial disc replacement surgery when approved
1/04 epidurals

Old 03-05-2004, 07:38 AM   #2
Inactive

Josie115 HB User
Re: muscle spasms around ribs?

Oh my god! I've been suffering with the same thing for a couple of years. The wierd thing is it comes and goes. I will get a "flare" up and it will last a week or two, then go away for awhile. I've been through every possible dx in my head, finally convinced it was some sort of tumor or something. We thought it could have been shingles at one point, but never turned into it. I was at the doctors when it was really bad, stood up, she felt and told me it was muscle spasms. It is horrid pain, almost more difficult to bear than the sciatic, L4-5, S-1 ddd and bone spur pain. Does yours feel better after sleeping? Come back full force within an hour of getting up? I've had to go home to bed on occassion because I couldn't stand it another minute! Good luck with yours.. let me know if you find out anything different about it.

Last edited by Josie115; 03-05-2004 at 07:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 AM   #3

GracieGirl HB User
Re: muscle spasms around ribs?

Yes, it does feel better in the morning, but by early afternoon I am in a lot of pain. I even went to the ER one night thinking I had a broken rib. I even had my husband put an "X" on the spot with a marker. They didn't find anything though. In fact, my rib when I rub it will pop in and out. That can't be good. It is also kind of creepy! Yes, my ribs at this point are worse than my back pain, if that is even possible! I too, don't know what to do.
Gracie

Closed Thread