It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #1

L4-L5-S1 HB User
Question Any Double Cage Fusion Success Stories 3 Years Or More?????

I've been reading many posts on this board and have not found very many on long-term success of double cage fusions... particulary l4-l5-si.......

What really happens 3+ years out.........???

Does the pain come back??? did it ever leave???

Can you be active //tennis/cycle/hike??????

Did your adjacent discs go and have to have surgery???

enquiring minds want to know..... Please answer....

L4-L5-S1

Old 04-14-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Any Double Cage Fusion Success Stories 3 Years Or More?????

There is a periodical called The Burton Repost that you may want to persuse. You can find it on line and don't have to have a subscription to read it. It has a lot of helpful information on back suregery and outcomes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #3

L4-L5-S1 HB User

Moonlight,

Thank you for the Burton Report Reccomendation....

I have read it thorougly.................

It is not very favorable to long term success rates on fusion.....

It makes the case that nerve decompression is critical to the success of the fusion or adr.................

I am a little shocked to see very few long term fusion cases reporting on this board...............

I hopes its an anomoly rather than an indication of failure..

L4-L5-S1

Old 04-16-2004, 12:20 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

[QUOTE=L4-L5-S1]Moonlight,

Thank you for the Burton Report Reccomendation....

I have read it thorougly.................

It is not very favorable to long term success rates on fusion.....

It makes the case that nerve decompression is critical to the success of the fusion or adr.................

I am a little shocked to see very few long term fusion cases reporting on this board...............

I hopes its an anomoly rather than an indication of failure..

L4-L5-S1[/QUOTE]

Kinda scarry, huh? Seems to me that people come to this board with *failed back surgery syndrome* or looking for answers to the question of *should I get surgery?*

That report is pages and pages long. It took me about two days to follow all of the links and information. I got lost more than once, just engrossed in the information. It helped me to realize that I would not go under the knife unless I broke my back or neck. There are so many alternatives.

Unfortunatetly, there are too many doctors who want to try out new methods and treatments and from reading these boards, it seems that there are a lot of willing victims (er, I mean patients).

Old 04-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #5

L4-L5-S1 HB User

Moonlight,

Kinda scary ain't the words..... "VERY SCARY" is what I'm talking 'bout.......!

I'am all for trying a procedure that has a substantial likelyhood of success(75% or more)...... But only if that success is for longterm (at least 4+ years)..............

Trying to get the longterm information regarding fusions/adr's is really problematic............. since, according to the Burton Report most failures are do to a lack of decompression.... No docs admitting to that are there?

I'm getting my ducks lined up in a row and will defer as long as I don't get the likelihood of success or until I can't take the pain anylonger.........

Thanx....

L4-L5-S1

Closed Thread