It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #1

stilljustagirl HB User
Post To Shirl (an update on me and reply to your post) everyone welcome to reply thanks!

shirl hi. Thanks so much for writing to me, I really miss hearing from you. I didn't respond on the other post as I wasn't sure you would check it again. I know, our last surgery was one day apart, I don't think these surgeries will be quite as close, as the plastic surgeon has a waiting list of about three months for new surgeries. Wow, I didn't realize so many people were getting surgery. I live in a pretty small city. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. There was a time there were you weren't. What surgery will you be having now? When? Are you in pain? I thought you were doing well anyway. As for me, my hardware still looks good, I am feeling better physically every day, but I didn't expect to be out of work for so long. I know it's only been about four months since my last surgery, but they want me out until April. I can't afford this anymore!!! I think I am going to have to move in with my next door neighbor and friend until I imporve and can relocate back to college. I'll have to see. I know there will be some serious fighting going on if I move in with him, I mean sheesh, we fight now and we are only neighbors. I have my psych evaluation for depression ( social security disability) on this Saturday. I'm a little nervous, as I wasn't expecting my depression to be such an issue. And, if you do remember, I was voluntarily resigned from a good job because my medical leave was too long for their policy. I will miss my co-workers, the money and the job in general. Jobs are hard to come by in this town. These back surgeries have really devastated my life I must say. There is a huge imporvement physically because of the surgeries however. My sciatica is completely gone. I'm grateful for that, but what a huge price to pay, my job gone, my home almost gone, and my savings as well. Please write back soon, Love to you Shirl, and the rest of you as well. .......................Jag

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 PM   #2

Juniper90 HB User
Your situation sounds a little worse than mine..requiring surgery, but I can relate having lost my job due to my recent injuries. (c,t,& l herniations, sciatica,etc..)
Keep in mind your health comes first.
Jobs, home, savings can all be replaced.
It sounds like half the battle is over with the sciatica gone, at least.
Now you just have to work on the depression & remember that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

Sorry if you've heard all this before, but it sounds like you need some uplifting.

Juniper

Old 11-06-2002, 01:30 AM   #3

stilljustagirl HB User
Thank you!!! I really didn't want to have to replace my job, home, and savings, but it's pretty much out of my control now. Thanks for your kind words........jag

Old 11-06-2002, 02:25 AM   #4
Ozzierob

Sorry for butting in but I felt like I had to reply my first 2 surgeries were in the early seventies when I was in my early twenties and they were both as a result of work accidents so in those days the employer paid you a sum of money and pensioned you off with a lump sum, the surgeries worked very well and my sciatica was gone I was brilliant until the 1988 when I hurt my back again, I was even entering fun runs and jogging for miles I was that good but 88 injury required 3 surgeries to fix that made a total of 5 surgeries not counting procedures, so now I'm on a disability pension which is a pain, pardon the pun so now I'm just waiting for trials to have a morphine pump fitted so look after your back the less procedures you have the better off you are.
May you all be pain free

Rob.

Old 11-07-2002, 05:18 AM   #5

beebauser HB User
Hey JAG!
I have to tell you how sorry I am for not coming back here, I have found a home that keeps me busy, no time to "chat" here. but I still love ya hun!

I have a question, you refer to "loosing my siatic" and "my siatica is gone" what do you mean by that? loosing the pain? sorry but it must be a med. moment....neurontin will do that to ya [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]
If you feel that moving in with your friend is not a good idea, are there any other options for you? check into your local groups, sometimes they can be very helpful, passing you in the right direction, and how about a local church, they can help too.

good luck with SSD, you will probably get it it will just take some time. It took me 3 years from start to finish, I did not use a lawyer, got subborn, but thinking about it now, I think it would have made my life alot easier. but I didn't have much to do as I was home...down and out.

boy am I ramblein...sorry but I love ya and want to help anyway I can. sorry about the job, but you are worth it!

shirl is not doing so great as she needs a fusion and her ins. co. is makein her jump through there hoops, and the headaches just wont quit, even with all the meds. they have tried. we need to pray for our friend.

And I agree with Rob, the less you let them do surgery wise, the better as there are alot of resurch being done and the longer you wait the better your results can be, dont you think?

god bless ya
love
bee

------------------

Old 11-08-2002, 12:58 AM   #6

stilljustagirl HB User
Bee....it's really great to hear from you. I only wish that could find more time to come here. I miss talking with you. What I was saying is, that I used to have horrible sciatica, the pain was terrible and after the surgeries, that pain is gone, but it seems that I lost everything in the process. Okay well, Please do try to find time to stop by here?
Bye for now.........Jag

Closed Thread