It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 08:41 PM   #1

dodgeman HB User
Question What is a back lesion ?

Hi all,
I have a question, has anybody ever heard of a back lesion? A little history on my situation, in 99 I herniated disk L4-L5 and in 01 I was in a auto accident in which my car was totaled, my head hit the roof and really messed up my already hurt disc. Today I called the back doc and his nurse said something about a lesion.. Thanks all..

Old 12-04-2002, 09:02 PM   #2

Juniper90 HB User
Bobby J: nerve spasms post mentions a lesion.
Maybe talk to him?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2002, 07:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

EmtShirl HB User
Hi dodgeman~

Welcome to the board! What kind of lesion are you talking about? Is it a skin lesion on the back or a dics lesion? I am guessing you are talking about a disc lesion in the lower spine in the lumbar area right?

What else did the nurse say? Was it an MRI result or some other test result? What are your symptoms if any?

Sorry so many questions.
EmtShirl [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

1980- Transaxillary resection of 1st rib and division of band (left side)
1982- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
1985- Transaxillary excision of cervical rib (right side)
1991- Laser stapedectomy (right side)
1992- Fractional D&C
1992- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
1996- Lumbar hemilaminectomy
1999- Left knee arthoscopic surgery
2001- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
2002- L5-S1 Microdiscectomy
2002- L4-L5, L5-S1 Anterior inter-body lumbar fusion with cages and my own bone from left hip for bone graft
2002- Neck problems Surgery??????
2002 DEC 21- C4-5, C5-C6 Anterior Cervical Corpectomy with Fusion and Internal Fixation (Bone from the bone bank)

Old 12-05-2002, 10:28 AM   #4

BOBBYJ HB User
DODGEMAN,
I TOO HAVE RECENTLY BEEN TOLD I HAVE A LESION IN MY BACK. MY INFORMATION WAS A LITTLE MORE SPECIFIC THOUGH. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE A LESION ON MY PERIPHERAL NERVE THAT IS CAUSING SOME OF MY CONDITIONS. THE BEST INFORMATION I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND WAS AT A U.C.L.A. PERIPHERAL NERVE WEB SITE. I'M NOT SURE IF WE ARE ALLOWED TO LEAVE WEB-SITES ON THIS POST. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO FIND IT AND ARE STILL INTERESTED, LEAVE ANOTHER POST HERE AND I WILL FIND IT. PLEASE IF YOU FIND ANYTHING ELSE LEAVE THAT TO.
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH, A FRIEND

Old 12-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #5

dodgeman HB User
Question

Hi all thamks for the replies,
The doctor that I seen was a back doc who had me take another MRI and thats where the nurse said lesion. My guess in would be on my herniated disc or close by. I also have spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis at L4-L5 with increase in anterior-posterior dimension of the boney spinal canal. That was the first MRI . The last one says grade one anterolisthesis of L4 in relation to L5 and central herniation of the disc with cephalad extension.. Can someone put this into english for me, whats the difference.. Thanks all...

Old 12-06-2002, 06:40 AM   #6
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Arrow

Nurses can be so insensitive to the effects of their words.

Lesion is a very general if scary sounding word.

It only means any abnormal change.

Even a scratch or bruise on your skin is a "lesion".

Just ask for and get understandable answers.

~p

Closed Thread