It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 07:22 PM   #1

BOBBYJ HB User
Post NERVE SPASMS

HELLO AGAIN,
I AM HAVING NERVE SPASMS IN MY LEGS, FEELS LIKE GURGLING. DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE SIMILAR SYMPTOMS? I HAVE BULGING DISCS AND A LESION ON MY PERIPHERAL NERVE. WHATEVER THAT MEANS. I DID GO TO A NEUROLOGIST AND SHE CONFIRMED THAT I HAVE NERVE DAMAGE IN MY BACK. SHE HAS ALSO ORDERED ANOTHER MRI ON MY BACK. I AM TWO YEARS INTO THIS NIGHTMARE, CAN ONLY WALK SHORT DISTANCES, DUE TO PAIN IN MY FEET AND LEGS, PLEASE HELP. I FEEL LIKE SAYING THAT TO MY DOCTOR BUT AM AFRAID SHE WILL KNOW HOW DESPERATE I REALLY AM.
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AS I KNOW I CAN ALWAYS FIND A FRIEND HERE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU.
BOBBYJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 09:58 PM   #2

Juniper90 HB User
I know it is scary to admit something to a doctor that might mean facing difficult health decisions..like surgery. But you shouldn't withhold this information if it means things could be worsening.
If the problem you have is with your doctor than you can always go for 2nd opinion, right?
Hopefully it's nothing serious & you can put your mind at ease soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 10:00 PM   #3

Juniper90 HB User
opps..Did I misunderstand your post?
Did you mean just the please help part? [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2002, 05:07 AM   #4
Inactive

BAXTER HB User
Hi Bobby,

Please don't be afraid of telling your doctor anything, they are there to listen to your needs.

If you don't feel comfortable with her, I agree with Juniper, maybe you could see a new doctor.

Some doctors just brush off our pain, when that happens, it's time to hit the road.

Please let us know what you decide, and I hope you also have a great holiday season

Take Care,
Baxter

Old 12-07-2002, 12:19 PM   #5

BOBBYJ HB User
thanks baxter and juniper,
I am just worried about the progression of my condition. I don't like the narcotics, but I need them to be able to function.
I just changed to a neurosugeon from my orthopedic surgeon and didn't want her to think it was just for medications. I think I have found a doctor that can help me, and I will confide in her. thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with me.
happy holidays, Bobbyj

Old 12-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #6

jillp8888 HB User
I have nerve damage which affects my right leg. I have no reflexes in that leg and I get pain in the arch of my foot and leg spasms in my calf and upper thigh which are excruciating. They sometimes happen at night while sleeping, but lately they happen just about any time. Pointing my right toe seems to be a trigger, but even putting on my shoes can make it happen. My doctor is at a loss to explain it; however he said he has heard the same story from several other patients who have had the epidural injections. The numbness and lack of reflexes is caused by repeated herniations in the L5-S1 area. I don't know if this information helps at all, but I wish you the best of luck! ~ Jill P

Old 12-09-2002, 03:44 AM   #7
Inactive

DavyD HB User
Hi Bobby

Just replied to your other post!!!
Gurgling in the legs ha~ha YES i had gugling in the legs and please dont take offence as there are very few of us about who have/had this.. I am laughing because this was one of the descriptions I gave to my Neuro that along with bubbles in legs, buzzing, electric type discharges moving up about and down my legs... bet YOU know what I mean eh

I also could hardly walk due to numbness/pain in feet and also had terrible trouble with my balance, I would stumble,trip and stagger about the place, so much so that some people thought I was drunk..."I dont drink" it's funny now thinking back but not at the time... I also suffered from impotence, which was also awful, but thankfully these symptoms have all disapeared... see your other post for explanation

Again I hope some of this is of help to you Bobby, and I would strongly suggest you tell your Neuro everything as your symptoms need something done about them NOW to aleviate your symptoms and the longer they are left unchecked the longer they will take to heal, i.e. get your feelings back to normal.

Therefore I cannot impress upon you how important it is for you to tell you Neuro everything...

for now,

[img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img] to ALL,

Davy

------------------
Had C6 Vertebrectomy,ACDF with Decompression,Titanium Plate and Screws (MRI Compatible) 7th Aug 2002
Own bone from (R) Iliac Crest.
Doing Great!!!
But still with some Numbness

Closed Thread