It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2003, 03:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

successtory HB User
Wink BAXTER-SHIRL SO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?

Hi Ladies

I had to giggle as you two asked the same questions... then gave the same answers! Here...let me quote you guys,

"I too have been asking that question of myself for the past week or so now. Here I gave so much of my life helping others and this happens to me????? "

We ALL ask that one. I was lucky enough to get my answer. And you guys already know your too! [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif[/img] Hey! Maybe that is a factor to why I am a success... that I know the answer to my question...????? hmmmm?? hehe

Here is a quote from Shirl...(your answer, I think)
It's OK though because I have to strength to over come and handle this. Better me then someone who can't right? Heck maybe we can solve this world wide question together

Uh-huh.........and?........why you? ........

It couldn't be because SHIRL... you have the medical background and have the need to help others -- along with a fabulous gift to gab!! And BAXTER--The gift of gab is right...with a punch (ahem). Got a bridge I can buy?

Do you guys (and everyone here at the boards) realize how much of a difference you make in a person's life JUST BY REPLYING TO A POSTING? And hey...they get the bonus of all of us smarty (pants)-hehe who are just chomping at the bit (to get well ourselves and) to help others help themselves to get better (and so on and so on).

We must heal ourselves before we can heal our nation.

Dream On People....'cause that is where we are all [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img] !!!!!

------------------
successtory
Oct 2000: Repetitive Stress Injury-Inverted Hernia
Feb 2001: MRI. Shows only slight bulge at L4-L5
Dec 2001: Discogram/CT scan shows Inverted Hernia at L5-S1. L4-L5 & L5-S1 ruptured in all 4 quadrants. Unable to walk.
Feb 2002: IDET, Nucleoplasty, Intra-Discal Injections
Sept 2002: Rated in the top 10% for successful patients. Retraining for new career.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Inactive

bikerchic052 HB User
AHEM!! success I think you forgot me!!! I know I am still kinda new here. But I think I am a good person. After all I care for other people's children for next to nothing in my own home. I am very caring giving and compassionate. Geez I have my in-laws living with me for free too!!! Anyway I try to help everyone on this board too. I may not know all the answers either but i try to help as much as I can. I agree with Shirl and Baxter, bad things happen to the type of person who is strong enough to deal with it, and have the strength to help others in a postive and caring manner. I think that is why all we good ladies have found each other. Telzey and Barb and many others included as well. I saw a saying the other day that made me chuckle. It was on a t-shirt "They say God never gives you more than you can handle. Does God know this?!" heehee, i agree we are all strong people and even though dealing with this back S*** really sucks!!, I think it has made us all better people. anyway thats only my opinion lol [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif[/img] to all of my new friends here bye for now

Old 01-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #3
Inactive

BAXTER HB User
Hi Michelle & Successtory,

I have to agree, we are stronger people for having to live with this pain.

I also believe that we are having our strength tested now, to see how we can help up above, later in life
I have always believed that part.

Yes, if we can help just one person, this makes us better people, just for the simple fact that we are trying. [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]

I hope everyone has a great evening

Take Care,
Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------
Two level laminectomy fusion L5-S1 & L2-3 done on 12/6/02.
Fifteen inch scar from the very top of butt crack (sorry), to the bra line.
BAK cages, rods & screws.(Titanium)
My pelvic bone was used for grafting.
Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.
Doc didn't want to fuse four levels, unless it is really necessary.
I would hate to repeat the surgery, as the recovery period, is so very painful.

Old 01-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

successtory HB User
Hi Michelle....Hi All,

Oh my gosh. I did NOT mean to say that nobody else helps out other people! Oh No! I simply addressed my comments to Shirl and Baxter because they were the 2 that kept asking the "Why Me?" question... That's All! I do apologize to everyone if you thought I meant something else.

successtory

Old 01-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
Inactive

BAXTER HB User
Hi Successtory,

Are we reading the same post ?

Maybe it's my meds, or yours, but I never thought you were saying that other people don't help out.

I understood what you meant, what were you referring to ?

I think you are feeling bad for no reason.

I'll check back tomorrow, because I don't think you said anything wrong.

Have a super evening,
Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img]

------------------
Praying that the other two discs in between, won't have to be fused later, as I was told it was a possibility, due to the other two discs in between, not being in that great of shape.

[This message has been edited by BAXTER (edited 01-09-2003).]

Old 01-09-2003, 08:41 PM   #6
Inactive

bikerchic052 HB User
Heehee. No you did not make me feel like that at all. LOl I was just kidding with you. sorry I guess you havent gotten used to my wisa-a$$ humor . LOl dont worry you'll see after we get to know each other better. Bye for now

------------------
Michelle ----------- diagnosed with scoiliosis at 16 wore brace for about a year-------- Had partial disc removal due to rupture at L4-L5 in 1998.--------- 2002 - MRI shows bulge at L4-L5, large mass of scar tissue at surgery site. have pain down right leg,hip and numbness in ankle. ------- Diagnosed with DDD and LLD ( leg length discrepancy) given a lift for right shoe. ---- Jan 6 went to ortho doc for 2nd opinion.-------was given 2 options -suck it up or have a fusion at L4-L5, given anti-inflammatories and script for facet block, and return appt for March 3rd to see if better or have surgery

Old 01-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

EmtShirl HB User
Smile

Successtory~

Now this is too cute of a post! See great minds think alike!

I like the way you think!!!!!! I believe we all have one great thing in common............... we want to use ourselves to help others. I do enjoy helping most of it is from personal experience (there is a lot of medical too) Both of these together and the help of you ladies and everything you give makes it all the more fun!

I sure do love to gab!!!!!

I love what you have said about the people on these boards who are here day in and out to help others in so many ways. How about the very inspiring thread another member wrote?????? This is what is so wonderful. Our pain has helped so many even our bad and angry days help others too! What I mean is when we get so fed up with wanting answers that we act like crazed idiots and say sh*$ to PT, PA's, Surgeons and who ever gets in our way just to get an answer. Days later we post and say hey guess what I got this answer because I did this or that! Do you know what I am saying here? I know what I am trying to say it's just not coming out right DAVY D where are you?????? You are my life saver when it comes to writing out what I am thinking

OK, that is it for now. My favorite show is on TV now. It's CSI!

Baxter~ I sure would like to talk.

Love,
Shirl [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]

------------------
Love,
Shirl

History:

1980- Transaxillary recection of 1st rib and division of band (left side)
1982- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
1985- Transaxillary excision of cervical rib (right side)
1991- Laser stapendectomy (right side)
1992- Fractinal D&C
1992- Diagnstic Laparoscopy
1996- Lumbar hemilaminectomy
1999- Left knee arthroscopic surgery
2001- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
2002- L5-S1 Microdiscectomy
2002- L4-L5, L5-S1 Anterior interbody lumbar fusion with cages and my own bone from left hip for bone graft
2002- Neck problems Surgery??????
2002 Dec 21- C4-5, C5-C6 ACDF

1980- Transaxillary resection of 1st rib and division of band (left side)
1982- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
1985- Transaxillary excision of cervical rib (right side)
1991- Laser stapedectomy (right side)
1992- Fractional D&C
1992- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
1996- Lumbar hemilaminectomy
1999- Left knee arthoscopic surgery
2001- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
2002- L5-S1 Microdiscectomy
2002- L4-L5, L5-S1 Anterior inter-body lumbar fusion with cages and my own bone from left hip for bone graft
2002- Neck problems Surgery??????
2002 DEC 21- C4-5, C5-C6 Anterior Cervical Corpectomy with Fusion and Internal Fixation (Bone from the bone bank)

Old 01-09-2003, 11:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

successtory HB User
Hi all!

Yes, Shirl...I DO know what you are saying. And I agree...absolutely! "It takes but a small pebble to send ripples across the pond" OK....got my rock, got yours? hehe

BAXTER....I guess Michelle was just joshin' with me. I think her posting was right above yours. But she came back and said she was playin'...

Michelle..."You just wait my pretty...I'll get you... and your little dog too!" hehe Not a problem at all.

OK...just had to make sure we were all okey dokey.
Chao for now.

successtory

Old 01-10-2003, 04:56 AM   #9
Inactive

BAXTER HB User
Hi Shirl, Successtory, & Michelle

This is too funny, how we all think alike, sometimes I think we can finish each others words [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif[/img]

Shirl,

I will catch you this weekend at some point

Successtory,

I love the reference to "OZ" how cute [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif[/img]
Michelle has the same sense of humor as I, I can sometimes read her like a book, that's why she always gives me a giggle or two.
Now, you have finally figured her out.

Michelle,

Good luck on the facet block today, I wish you well, and hope you get some relief.
Please remember, don't slug the doc, you need him to get your pain meds. my dear :

I hope you all have a super weekend [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif[/img]

Be Well,
Baxter [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img]

------------------

Old 01-10-2003, 06:47 PM   #10
(female)

BarbS123 HB User
Hi ladies,

Gee, I had written such a nice reply yesterday, but I couldn't send it because I was "banned". (I see that I was not the only one!) Now I can't remember what I wrote. Sigh. I do remember, though, that I did thank Michelle for mentioning me as being among the helpful friends. It warmed my heart. [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif[/img]

It was fun reading all the posts here. You guys are great!

Talk to you soon.

[img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif[/img]
Barb

------------------
Anterior Cervical Corpectomy/Diskectomy); own bone from left iliac crest; titanium plate with 4 screws. Freed myself of Evil Miami JTO (not just J) killer contraption against surgeon's orders (and happy I did it!!!!)
Rebellion worked--I'm free with the surgeon's blessing now! YIPPEE!!

[This message has been edited by BarbS123 (edited 01-10-2003).]
Anterior Cervical Corpectomy/Diskectomy); own bone from left iliac crest; titanium plate with 4 screws. Freed myself of Evil Miami JTO (not just J) killer contraption against surgeon's orders (and happy I did it!!!!)
Rebellion worked--I'm free with the surgeon's blessing now! YIPPEE!!

Closed Thread