It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2003, 05:47 AM   #1
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Post Pain/Pulling in neck/shoulder/chest

I "think" this is cervical spine related, but I developed this pulling sensation on my left side that feels like it's tugging the left corner of my lip downward, pulling my left pectoral muscle upward, and pulling my left shoulder upward.

I went to the chiro and got a cervical adjustment and I definitely got a release, and the pain/pulling sensation in my neck and chest has definitely lessened, but it's still there. At the time when I first felt that zinger (I think it was a head movement and I felt a sharp zinging electrical type pain shooting down my throat into my left breast) so I had no clue what it was, and it felt connected to the left corner of my mouth, like half a frown.

Given the adjustment helped lessen the pain and pulling I'm inclined to understand this to be related to my neck, but does anyone know what specifically or technically could cause this or these symptoms?

My left shoulder is also my problem shoulder and I have some rotator cuff issues, so for a while I thought this must all be connected somehow because it's so isolated in that region. I'm just trying to understand the innervation aspects.

Old 02-06-2003, 12:23 AM   #2

Honey4U HB User
Hi,
I'm 5 weeks post-op cervical neck surgery with a fusion at C-5-6 and a titanium plate. I had a lot of bone spurs and stenosis and also a couple of discs compressing my spinal cord and also softening of my spinal cord.
I had a lot of those same symptoms you described plus a lot of pain going down my arms into my hands. It would wake me up several times during the nite and I wouldn't be able to feel my hands because of numbness, yet they hurt also. Both shoulders hurt but my right shoulder was the worst. It still burns there quite a bit but according to the PT, I have a lot of muscle spasms now because of the surgery and also am having to work on my range of motion. Looking toward the left really hurts right now. [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif[/img](
I sure hope you can get help with your problem and some much needed relief. Take care! [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif[/img])

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2003, 04:23 PM   #3

Niki47 HB User
Hi there,

The electrical stinging symptom is called "L'Hermitte's Sign". Run it thru your search engine, and you will find alot of info.

Hope that helps.

Niki47

Closed Thread