It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #1

LSspine HB User
Question thoracic pain after 360 lumbar fusion

Has anyone else experienced thoracic pain after having a lumbar fusion? I have terrible pain in my mid back, right around the top of the incision from my lumbar surgery, kinda off to the right of my spine. I type all day long and it is really hurting. I just wonder if this is some sort of common muscle response to the surgery and healing or if maybe I have a whole new set of problems ??

Old 05-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #2

lcmiller HB User
Hi LSspine

I can totally relate to your problem. I'm recovering from fusion T10-L2 (I'm already fused L2-S1) and I sit at a computer all day and I get the same kind of pain in my thoracic. I asked my physical therapist about the pain and she gave me some stretches to do that seem to help with the pain. She told me that since I'm fused that the thoracic muscles have to take on more work and they are probably weak to begin with. So I'm hoping that with the stretches and some time that the thoracic pain will go away. If you aren't going to therapy and you are interested in what kind of stretches she gave me, then let me know.

I hope this helps

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 10:37 AM   #3

LSspine HB User
My surgeon has never recommended any kind of therapy. In fact, he really just pretty much looks at my incisions and then runs out the door to check my x-rays. I barely get a chance to say anything! He's a great surgeon but I wish he'd listen more. I end up talking to his nurse more often.

I'm just in so much pain and I own my own transcription business so I'm typing all day long. I am ready to call for pain meds but I really don't want to go back on anymore pain pills. If you can post the stretches, I will give them a shot. I also get a few days off next week and am hoping the rest will help.

Thanks for the response! I was beginning to think I was all alone out here!

Closed Thread