It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
Inactive

N2golf HB User
Post Backache & Gas?

Is backache and feeling gassy related? I haven't eaten anything that would cause gassiness and noticed that my back started to hurt and then I got the gas bubbles feeling. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2003, 12:51 AM   #2
(male)

D@N HB User
Gas can make almost any part of your body feel at least one uncomfortable pain or another.
The biggest culprit of gas affecting your back is when the intestines are full of either gas or waste. This puts extra weight on the lower back because your intestines are expanded and pushing outward in every direction. This not only causes back pain, but can also cause chest pain.
Excess gas and rumbled intestines are directly reponsible for hospital emergency room visits from all of us who feel their wrath, and mistake them for something worse.
If your problem is new, I would wait a day or two before spending any cash on a doctor call, take an antacid or something designed to calm the digestive tract like Pepto or Malox.
If the problem persists, I would see a doc and go from there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 08:29 PM   #3

kmnorris HB User
I have IBS and back problems, at times I think that the IBS causes the majority of the lower back pain.

Old 05-26-2003, 07:09 AM   #4
Inactive

zip2play HB User
kmnorris,

I couldn't agree more. After years of suffering from a bad back and IBS, I often cannot tell which is the primary pain and which is the referred one...or are both acting at once.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:33 PM   #5

woogie1077 HB User
I too have IBS and lower back pain, and chronic nerve damage. I thought I was like the only one because I feel that my pain and my stomach conditions make wach other 10 times worse. And all the med's I am on screw up my stomach twice as bad as they would normally. Well at least I know I am not alone.
So those with IBS do you take anything for your stomach that helps? I was on prilosec than protonix, which helped a little.

Closed Thread