It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2003, 08:41 AM   #1

Lisa7767 HB User
Question Clicking in lower back

I am curious if anyone else with ruptured discs has ever had any poping/clicking in their lower lumbar?
This has just recently started for me like 4 days ago, and I am curious if I had caused more damage to myself somehow?

Thanks In advance,
Lisa

------------------
Ruptured L 3-4
Ruptured L 4-5
Possible rupture S-1
Lumbar scoliosis
Microdiscectomy June 30,2003
Possible fusion??

[This message has been edited by Lisa7767 (edited 06-25-2003).]
Lumbar scoliosis
Laminectomy &
Discetomy-June 30,2003

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
(female)

shaukc HB User
I have/had a ruptured L4-5 and L5-S1 - I have had popping in my back for monthes . I have asked my Dr and he seems not to be worried about it . Will ask him again tomorrow . I had discectomy last Friday and have to go get my stitches out tomorrow . Sorry that i was not much help . Shauna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
I have TONS of clicking, popping and shifting in my lumbar and sacrum. It doesn't hurt when it pops but sometimes when I feel like it is locked up it I'll be sitting down and when I stand up it really pops and its almost like it release pressure. I have had this bone popping and clicking and cracking since my disc problems started and it doesn't seem to hurt only when I feel as if something is 'locked up'.
My doctor says it is fine kinda like when you knuckles crack you are releasing the air in the joints. Do I beleive him though? I have no clue, I never had it before the discr problems so why would I have it now?
I am clueless, but I wanted you to know that I definetely have the same thing.

Christina

------------------
27 years old
1993: T1 to L1 fusion due to scoliosis at age 17
2000: Tore and ruptured L4 L5 & L5 S1-it finally got better after about a year. Did really well for about a year.
June 2002: Had a relapse and tore disc again. It is going on a year and my disc pain has subsided now I am faced with facet joint and bone problems restricting my movement.
Not sure what is next!
Still waiting to go into remission again but I think the damage is done!!
Current doctor say to wait it out.
Going for second opinion in July.
June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Old 06-25-2003, 12:30 PM   #4

Lisa7767 HB User
Hi Shaukc & Christina

Thanks for the replies and it was much help!
Just wasn't sure if I messed something else up in my back now too...LOL
They way you described it Christina is EXACTLY what i was talking about! It don't hurt, but sure can be loud lol... I have been getting that locking feeling as well.

Shaukc-How do you feel now that you had the surgery? Was there any immediate relief?
How did you feel after the operation painwise?
Sorry for all the question.. just close now to my operation and I'm getting super nervous!

Hugs,
Lisa

------------------
Ruptured L 3-4
Ruptured L 4-5
Possible rupture S-1
Lumbar scoliosis
Possible fusion??
Lumbar scoliosis
Laminectomy &
Discetomy-June 30,2003

Old 06-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
(female)

shaukc HB User
Smile

I was very scared right before my surgery too ! The people on this board helped me alot with my fears . My surgery was not real bad . I had a percutaneous discectomy . It was outpatient surgery . I got there at six am and went home at one . I am still very sore and i am having alot of muscle spasms. It is too early to tell but i think my pain is coming from the incision area and from them going through the muscle . It is a different kind of pain than what i was having . My numbness is gone .I have not had any numbness since i came out of surgery . I still can not sit for very long at a time . I feel best laying on my left side . ( they went in on the right side ) I was doing ice alone but now i am using some heat too . I was sent home with this cooler that you keep ice and water in .It has a hose coming out of it that hooks up to a pad .The pad stays cold for eight hours or so at a time . I also bought that grabber thing .I have used that a few times . Hope i have helped a little . Good luck on your surgery . Shauna

[This message has been edited by shaukc (edited 06-25-2003).]

Old 06-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #6

Lisa7767 HB User
HI Shauna!

Thanks for the well wishes!
Yes, the more I read here the less stressed I feel as well. The people are so nice here and very reassurring.

I'm hoping they send me home with one of those ice things.. sounds like it would help out a bit.
ALso glad to hear your numbness has gone.. Yeah I can only imagine the spasms you must be having.. I know mine hurt, the ones I get now, down my right side.
They usually only last from 1-5 mins, but that is long enough!LOL.
Ty again for replying, I feel so much better!
Well, super hot here today, going to go and attempt to walk around in the pool to cool off a bit.

Gentle hugs,
Lisa

------------------
Ruptured L 3-4
Ruptured L 4-5
Possible rupture S-1
Lumbar scoliosis
Possible fusion??
Lumbar scoliosis
Laminectomy &
Discetomy-June 30,2003