It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003, 11:37 PM   #1

BigJoe777 HB User
Arrow Sudden onset of hip and leg pain....

Well, I tend to get through my days with little new problems cropping up, but over the weekend the intensity of pain in my hips, pelvis and al the way down the legs has become somewhat brutal to me here lately.

I've had these problems off and on for about 3years now, but lately, that type of pain just came sometimes according to things I may have done to set it off. But I haven't done anything

The pain is so severe it brings tears to my eyes. My hips feel like they are full of broken glass; the hips become pure, unloosed pain, and I get stabbing, SHARP pain down my legs. I cannot walk or do anything, and my lorcet 10 takes the pain away, but it starts creeping back in after four hours. My wife is very worried at me now and she wanted me in the hospital. I said 'not yet....' I am also having trouble with my bowels and bladder: I either don't feel the bladder at all, or I feel full when only a little comes out.

Nothing is working on the bowel now. I drang Smooth Move tea to keep me regular without drugs, but that all stopped last week. Today I thought I had to go a little bm, it felt like only a small portion came out, but it was a much larger one then I felt. THAT concerned me a bit......

I am having episodes of can't breathe because my lungs are being squashed by my ribs, and I'm getting stabbing pains in the ribs now too.

What happened? I haven't got a clue. Things had settled down lately and even though we know jell is flowing free from annular tears @T8/T9 and L5/S1, it wasn't expected to hit me this fast.

I'm askin for ANY ideas here: this stuff is scaring me now. I was down for the count today, and only the lorcet held things back until it started wearing off. I'm so sick of this injury! I got the keystone cops for doctors and not a one of them really seem to care much. Everyone seems to be waiting to be paid by WC or they're not lifting another finger. Which is why I didn't go to the ER. This pain is some of the worst I have ever felt down there, so something has moved I guess........

Any quesses and answers WOULD be appreciated mightily!

[This message has been edited by BigJoe777 (edited 07-08-2003).]
L2/L3 HNP 7mm into spinal cord
C6/C7 problems rearing up again: going out of state for analysys
C5/C6 new HNP found
DDD, foot-drop, getting hopeless
12 MRI's, 3 ESI's
Quality of life is getting close to zero

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jdlfmc HB User
BIGJOE!! Wc well you can die waiting for them to respond I have been fighting for 4yrs and have another hearing today, beside the point I will put signature at end, please go to ER your problems are getting worse and the bowel and bladder thing is nothing to play around with ,you have to have treatment now, get it and worry about WC and payment later ER has to see you and it sounds like your situation has gotten out of control.PLEASE GET HELP!!!
I hope you have hired a attorney I believe you are going to need one from the sounds of it!!!
Please get help and then worry about the rest.

Linda

------------------
6/13/99 Fell at work
WC allowed claim:thoracic sprin/strain; lumbar sprain/strain;lumbosacral sprain/strain WC approved 22 chiro visits
NO relief asked referrel to PM Dr.started PM 8/25/99 mri said to be normal slight bulge L4/5 all request for further testing denied.
8/01/01 I paid for discogram from local orthepic surgeon after given 2 4mg. shots morphine discogram found to be normal
WC approved 3 epidural inj.NO HELP
10/03/01 started treatment Cl.Clinic on private ins.
MRI:Cl.Clinic L4/5 disc bulge w/neuroforaminal impingement
X-RAYS:Cl.Clinic L5/S1 spondylothesis
3 more epidurals no help
2/01 discogram Cleveland Clinic:L4/5 disc bulge contrast moved towards posterior asppect of that disc w/midline fissures in the medial annular fibers disruption
L/5-S1 level also abnormal.
Update;at that time I was prescibed a spine cath idet/denied WC denied privat ins.
since have been living on pain meds prescribed by the approved WC PM Dr.
vicodin 10/660 4xday
neurontin 400mg.3xday
soma 350mg.2xday
oxycontin 40mg.2xday
No further treatment then meds everthing denied by both ins.
Pri.Ins found out going to Cl.Clinic because of Wc accident refused pay ment for any med. bills ended up in bankrupcy court.
6/14/03 pain worsened and many other comlications.
6/21/03 ended up going to Cl.Clinic ER was a bad nightmare,after being there for over 24 hrs. was released at my demand
X-rays showed DDD and arthritis at 2 or 3 levels.;diagnosis upon release STRAIN/SPRAIN
7/1/03 mediation to prepare for trial by jury 12/17/03
7/8/03 WC hearing to discontinue all meds,medical treatment

Old 07-11-2003, 07:55 PM   #3

colleen b HB User
Exclamation

Go to the er immediatly. My doctors have told me that if I get foot drop or if I loose bowel or bladder control that I must go to the emergency room. I am very worried about you. !!!!!!!!!
Colleen

Closed Thread