It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 10:09 AM   #1

Back Pain In CT HB User
Popping while walking

I am new to this so site, so Hello everyone. I have had back lower back pain since January. It started off with a sharp pain on my right side it lasted for a few minutes and went away. Then I got it again the next day and it went away. SInce then I have had pain in my lower back, on my right side and down into the middle of my butt. It comes and goes and when it does come it comes for a few days. More recently it come for a few hours a day and goes away. I have had MRI's, x-rays, CAT scans, blood work, urnalysis and absolutley nothing has come up. Just recently about two months ago I started getting a popping feeling while walking up hils on my left side. Then my Chripopractor tried to adjust me and I thought it got better but now it is happening at anytime, whether I walk up hills or just everydau walking. It doesnn't hurt me it is just really annoying and it makes me nervous because I don't know why it would be popping. Does anyone have any ideas for this popping and the lower back pain that I get that goes into the middle of my butt? I am at wits end no one seems to be giving me any answers. Thank you.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

aaronon HB User
Re: Popping while walking

Hi,

This almost sounds like sciatica. Sciatic pain generally shoots from the lower back through the butt area into the leg. Mine is generally on the right side and it comes and goes at will. The popping....is not part of sciatica. I'm not a doctor, so that part makes me wonder if you weren't injured in some way. What were you doing when you had the first pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

Sounds to me to be SI joint pain and the popping could either be caused by it locking up and releasing itself or it could be too "loose" and sliding back and forth. I have that problem. If my SI is locked up it causes terrible sciatica pain as it traps surrounding nerves but then when it releases itself, it pops clunks and slides around. Mine is caused by lower back problems making my muscles very tight therefore 'squeezing' it out of place. If you don't have back problems and have had MRI's such to prove that, I would get a GOOD chiro to manipulate the joint.
Good Luck,
Christina

Old 07-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #4

Back Pain In CT HB User

I wasn't doing anything except getting up out of a chair. The pain never shoots down my leg. Just a little bit down my butt. Thats why no one has thought it to be the sciatica nerve.

[QUOTE=aaronon]Hi,

This almost sounds like sciatica. Sciatic pain generally shoots from the lower back through the butt area into the leg. Mine is generally on the right side and it comes and goes at will. The popping....is not part of sciatica. I'm not a doctor, so that part makes me wonder if you weren't injured in some way. What were you doing when you had the first pain?[/QUOTE]

Old 07-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #5

Standingman1 HB User

I agree that SI joint problems sound likely. I have popping in that area--between low back and over toward rear hip--when I first get up in the morning. It is as though everything gets loosened up overnight. However, after I am up for a while, the popping goes away. However, my other back problems then tend to get worse--I assume because of muscles tightening against whatever was "popping around" in the first place.

Standingman

Old 07-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #6

StillWater HB User

I get an odd popping, too. While the pain is in my lower back and down backs of legs, the popping is in the front of my left thigh, toward the inside. It doesn't exactly hurt, but is quite uncomfortable. I have no idea what it is.

StillWater

Closed Thread