It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 05:24 PM   #1

toelle HB User
Dry, chapped lips maybe due to drug interaction?

Has anyone ever had dry chapped lips due to a drug interaction? I know this sounds goofy but I cant' think of any other reason this could be happening to me. At first I thought it was the new lip gloss I was using but I hav'nt used it in about a week now and still no change in my lips. I'm on Lorbab, Neurontin and Zanax. I'm going to the deramatologist in a week and hope he can figure out why this is happening. Anyone else had this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

Love2cook HB User
Re: Dry, chapped lips maybe due to drug interaction?

Toelle,

Hi there! I've never heard of that but stranger things have happened. I had some weird reactions to meds and searched out a few websites that gave specific drug side effects and found my side effects listed. You may try that.

Are you talking about really chapped and cracking or just a bit dry? Just curious

Elaine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
Veteran

Lia813 HB User

I have really chapped lips plus dry mouth . I have been on neurontin for almost 2 months. I am hesitant to give up the drug as I THINK it is helping somewhat with my neuropathy caused by stenosis . I try to sip water off and on all day which helps with the dry mouth , but at nite when I don't want to drink a lot of water so I won't have to be up and down all nite going to the bathroom, it gets really bad . The best thing I have found for chapped lips is Aquaphor Healing Ointment by Eucerin. I use it at nite. The least drying lipstick I have found is Moisture Whip by Maybelline. I hope some of this helps you. Lia

Old 08-06-2004, 06:19 AM   #4

Josephine66 HB User

I am having this problem right now. I am on antibiotics for a tooth extraction and am taking Darvoset for neck pain. My lips and mouth are so dry and the corners of my mouth are cracked. It is extremely uncomfortable but I am having neck surgery on Monday so I need to keep taking the meds. Can't wait to get off the antibiotics!

Old 08-08-2004, 03:44 PM   #5

toelle HB User

Thanks LIA813 for the info on the chapped lips. I had a feeling it was the Neurontin. Anyway I've been using chapstick but I will try the healing ointment you sugested. Does it taste bad? I tried something that my neighbor uses and it tasted like I'd had my mouth washed out with soap! I'll also try the Moisture Whip by Maybbelline. Toelle

Old 08-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
Veteran

Lia813 HB User

You are welcome Toelle. No, thank goodness, the Aquaphor Healing Ointment has no taste. That was the problem I had too, everything tasted just awful . But this has no taste at all. It is with the hand lotions in the store. I tried everything before this one and hated all those lip balms and chap stick and such , it just seemed to make my lips more chapped. Aquaphor really works and once you get your lips well you won't have to use it every nite, just when you feel it all coming back. Don't use any of those long lasting lipsticks either , they are full of drying agents. Let me know when you feel better using the Aquaphor , I know it will help you .Lia

Old 08-08-2004, 06:21 PM   #7

Stormy01 HB User

Hi,

It happened to me when I took Neurontin. I just used the real deal (Vaseline) every time I thought about it, and it helped, but it didn't go away until I went off the medication. I'm sure there are plenty of more lady-like alternatives, but I was in bed after my IDET surgeryfor a few days and it was the middle of Winter.

Closed Thread