It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004, 05:59 AM   #1
(female)

sweetangel1980 HB User
Need advice, please help

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Purple][B]Hello everyone, about a year ago I hurt myself at work, which resulted in a large disc herniation that had to be operated on because of severe nerve damage. Well, it has been almost a year come this september and to be honest the pain is much worse now and I don't know what to do. The last time I went to see my doctor they turned me away saying that I had been released from the Workers Comp and that I was ok. (Funny how they decide how you feel). I have not recieved any medication since my surgery. Make a long story short, I went to see a lawyer and he got me a doc appointment which I have in about two hours. I know something is not right inside me, and I am so scared that he will tell me lose a couple pounds and everything will be ok. Well if you can't move to exercise becuase the pain is so bad, how am I supposed to lose weight, plus the problem will still be there wether I weigh a million pounds or 1 pound. How do I convey to him how bad I hurt? and why won't anyone understand the crap I go through? I did not choose to be this way, and it is affecting everything in my life because of it, I don't want money, or to screw anybody out of anything. I just want to be pain free, or at least in less pain then I am in now.......those of you in a lot of pain know what I am talking about. Bottem line, I know things are not right inside me, what should I do? any of you been through this before and if so what has been your outcome, I guess I'll find out soon enough....thanks for any help you might give me and I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.............WISHING YOU ALL A PAIN FREE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Amy

Mommy to a beautiful 5 year old girl.
Wife to my amazing husband of 5 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User
Re: Need advice, please help

sadly i have amy. you need to just keep telling the doctor over and over and if they dont listen go to another doctor.i do know that on the weight that i lost 30lbs and i did see a significant differance in my pain, but mind you not much, but enough to do more than before.in my history with doctors i truthfully feel that they dont wont to understand. now some do but i havent met one yet who cares. they also dont have an understanding to what you feel physically or emotionally. they only see the out side but not the true you that is slowly going crazy. i do believe you honestly i do. i hope your doctor apointment goes well. god bless and if you ever need to talk im always here. never leave the forum it seems.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:18 AM   #3

Jenna'sMom HB User

Amy,
sounds like you took a very smart first step, getting a lawyer. I personally don't have experience with WC issues, but there seem to be alot of people here who have. I'm sure you will get many responses with lots of good advice.

It is awful when someonle else tells you how you're feeling. It's so belittling, and condescending. How dare they imply that you are not intelligent enough to know how you feel

Good luck with the lawyer's appointment, and I hope you get some relief from your pain very soon.

Julie

APLIF T4-S1 on july 19, 2004
Harrington rod T5 - T12 1982

Old 08-06-2004, 06:23 AM   #4
(female)

sweetangel1980 HB User
Unhappy Re: Need advice, please help

Thank you michelleseibers for your kind reply, it's like a never ending cycle, I am only 24 and this is definatly something I never thought I would have to go through. But they are the cards I have been dealt, and I imagine things could be worse. It is just so frustrating. And I know my fiance and family care, but they truley have no idea the extent of what I go through. And I am not one to complain, cause I don't want to annoy anyone. AAAHHHHH!!! All I know is that surgery sucked, and I hope that is not what I have to do again. This past year was hell. Lord I sound so pathetic LOL. Anyway I'll let you know what happens today. Thanks Again!

Amy

Mommy to a beautiful 5 year old girl.
Wife to my amazing husband of 5 years.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:31 AM   #5
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User

it doesnt sound pathetic you just need to vent and thats what this forum is for. god deals in mysterious ways and maby he has a greater plan for you . i understand the family part as well. they can only hear and take so much and then you feel that your a wuss but your just letting them know the situation. you are a very strong and kind person from what i have read so far. i will suggest definatly staying in contact with someone who either understands and will listen or some one who is going either thru the same thing you are or simular . it will definatly help. i for got im 28.

Last edited by michelleseibers; 08-06-2004 at 06:33 AM.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:59 AM   #6

Stormy01 HB User

Oh I feel for you. I started my back problem back when I was about 23 and it was a WC issue. They settled it out of court and when I was dragged before the Judge and the Judge asked me if I would accept the outcome, I said no. Then he just kept asking me and asking me, and finally he stood up out of his chair and pointed his finger at me and said "you will accept this settlement by my order." and that was the end of that. I was fighting for the company that injured me to have some liability for future issues. Like now, twenty years later, when my disc is so bad I want to scream half the time. Try having a Judge tell you how you feel and what you will do. /boggle

Anyway, I have only recently found this board and there is a wealth of experience and information that these wonderful people have and will gladly share with you.

You talk to your doctor. You tell your doctor how you feel inside. Don't worry about extra lbs. Sheesh. That's the least of your problems right now. They have a scale for pain and you tell them how you feel. Don't let them beat you up in court and don't do anything or agree to anything that you don't understand. Do understand this. Your lawyer is not always working for you. Especially a WC lawyer. They just want their 30%. You are just a means to an end to them. Don't trust them for beans. Always get it in writing and get reports from your doctor if he/she has anything to say about your pain.

We are here for you.

Closed Thread