It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
Unhappy Please help! Terrible back pain!!

Hi..I am hoping someone out there can give me some idea as to what is wrong with my back. It's been 6 days now with this terrible lower back pain. I can't stand for very long..if I do, I am bent over forward at the waist,and can't straighten back up. I can't sit very long either without my lower back and top of buttocks severely aching. I can't bend backwards at all. The only, somewhat of relief I found, is when I bend over and touch my toes, or when I am in bed, if I bring my knees up to my chest. I don't really know what I did to it. I remember 2 days before the pain started, I tried lifting a large floor lamp and I also removed the ladder from the pool. Both times I was standing straight and sorta bending backwards and lifting. Not sure if this is what has caused all this pain. I went to chiro on Friday..he told me, he thought 2 vertebras were touching and that my muscles were in spasm???? He did an adjustment and the pain was instantly gone. I could walk standing completely upright without any pain at all. I went home, used ice packs like he told me to. After 1/2 an hour, the pain returned. I was in bed all day yesterday, just couldn't stand up. Today, I got out of bed and tried to wash the dishes. As I was starting to bend forward from the pain, I noticed the muscles that go up each side of the spine in the middle of my back, were really tight and I couldn't stand at the sink any longer. I had to sit down, then I stood up the best I could and touced my toes. It brought some relief. Can anyone please, please, give me some idea what is going on with my back? I can't go anywhere, walk around my yard, nothing! I know I will probably end up going to the ER, but I would appreciate some ideas as to what it might be. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User
Re: Please help! Terrible back pain!!

Hi!
Sounds like you aggravated a disc and now it is inflammed. I say go to the Dr. and get an antiinflamitory...

Good Luck!
~M~

Old 08-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
(female)

tjcarst HB User

I don't know all of the details, but a family member was experiencing very bad back pain and also was bent over at the waist. He found out that there was a pinched nerve in his back (I don't know if it was caused by a disc or not). The good new is, he went in for surgery and was up walking 4 hours later. Grant it, just a little walking at first, but he was a new man. As soon as he opened his eyes in recovery, he smiled and said it already felt much better.

I sure hope you find out something soon.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

could be serious, could be just a pulled muscle. I read that most people will experience back pain in their lives and most will recover in two weeks. I would say, keep in motion so you don't freeze up, take some kind of OTC anti-inflammatory such as Advil, and use the ice, heat alternating treatment. Walk if you can. Laying in bed is not the recommended method of getting over it.

As for the ER, they can't do anything for you and it costs a lot to go in.

Call your primary on Monday

Closed Thread