Hello, I haven't posted much this past week because the pain has been so much worse than before. As many of you know, I had my fusion surgery postponed for a few weeks. It is now going to be on Aug. 17. My questions/concerns are these. My nerve pain, from Sciatica, has gotten a lot worse in the past couple of weeks. I now am getting numbness down my legs, both of my feet and also now in both my arms. That is my next concern, my problems have all been in my lumbar area. I've only had mri's on that area since that is what hurt. But now my upper back (shoulder level) hurts and numbness going down both arms. I am wondering if anyone know how long you can go with nerve pain, before it becomes permanent. Also, how likely is it that the damage to my upper back is due to my lumbar area being weakened.
Unfortunately, my Ortho. is on vacation until I go in for the surgery. So, he wont even know about any of this new stuff untill he see's me that day. Also, will I actually see and talk with the surgeon prior to the surgery...or will it mainly be the nurses and anestesiologist?
All info appreciated. Oh, I heard a few folks mention Biofreeze. Where do you get it?