It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #1

badbackdavid HB User
Tired of fighting the "back" battle - Advice?

Good evening everyone,

I have had suffered back pain on and off for the majority of my 38 year life. I've had every kind of test, scan, imaging, etc. known to mankind performed on me to find out that my pain is a muscular issue - no structural problems whatsoever. For the last 3 years, I have been taking 2-3 Loratabs per day on and off as this is the only medicine that seems to help. Unfortunately, the Lortab comes with it's own set of draw backs - addiction, lethargy, etc. and have tryed numerous other meds. - muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatory, etc., etc. To combat my aching back with over the counter aspirin and such is the equivelent of hunting elephants with a BB gun.

OK - Here are my question(s):

Is there such a medicine that I can take on a daily basis that will work as good as the Lortab without all of the things you've got to worry about like addiction, lethargy, etc.?

Can anyone offer any advice on why my backs aches like it does even though I'm a healthy male with nothing structurally wrong?

Any advice on what my next step should be?

Thanks so much for any/all responses as I know that there is some very valuable info. here on this board.

Thanks again and God Bless,

David

Old 08-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

Love2cook HB User
Re: Tired of fighting the "back" battle - Advice?

David,

Welcome!

I really don't have any answers for you but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have this problem. My problem was/is a mechanical (as my husband calls it) or structural problem with disc L4-L5. I had surgery and am much better now. I have only had back pain for 5-6 years; no comparison to your 38 years. I suppose you have tried Physical Therapy and chiropractors. If not, I guess that is where I would start.

Have you tried Aleve? I'm sure you have. Sounds like you've tried many things already.

I wish I had more help for you. I feel for you to be in that kind of pain.

God bless you!
Elaine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 08:53 PM   #3

healmyback HB User

[ [B]removed[/B] ] I guess there can be pain with no buldge and pinches.
Make sure to read different articles on tears because it may answer some of your questions. If you have not had a discogram then that might solve your unknown problem.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2004 at 11:57 PM. Reason: please read the posting rules: website not allowed

Old 08-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I also would suggest you get your doctor to order a round of physical therapy. PT's often are smarter than the doctors. I had great success with PT for both a bulging disc & sciatica.

Closed Thread