It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 10:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Question Was ask If I have DDD, But Neuro hasn't said anything.

Hey guys.... Just a quick question for ya... I have had a few people ask me If I have DDD...or been told I have it.... one of whom asking being my disability insurance company...... since I have a slight buldge at L4-5 and canal narrowing....still....... and then the herniation at L5-S1 and had the Discectomy/Laminectomy at L5-S1..... Does this mean I have DDD....? If Not.... What is different about DDD then what I have? Any answers would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 05:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Was ask If I have DDD, But Neuro hasn't said anything.

DDD is degenerative disc disease.It is an ongoing slow breakdown of the disc material that is in between the vertebrae.If you had it,it would most likely state it on your MRI report as it shows itself enough to the radiologist who is reading your films that they would see a degeneration of many different discs,as opposed to damage in just one or two.From what you have stated in your post, it does not sound to me like you have it.Your problems sound more like separate issues.Have you had an MRI? i am assuming that you did by what you have mentioned.If so, I am most certain that if you had it it would state it in your MRI report.i was Dxed with DDD three years ago when I had my first MRI.And every report(seven of them)from my many MRIs states it is there.If you do not have your report,call the place where you had the MRI done and request a copy.you should have one anyways for your personel records.I hope this helped.Marcia

Last edited by feelbad; 08-09-2004 at 05:14 AM. Reason: need to learn how to spell!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 06:03 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

Hi There!
I to have been diagnosed with DDD... and it was posted on my MRI results as well! I agree with feelbad! Good Luck to you!
~M~

Old 08-09-2004, 06:46 AM   #4
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi, I was also diagnosed with DDD, but it DIDN'T show up on my first MRI!!! The second said that DDD was STARTING to form!! Which also could be your case!! I'd also had x-rays and CTs before the MRIs, and it never showed there either!!
Have you ever come right out, and just asked your dr if you have it?? I've found most drs won't tell you things unless you come right out and ask them LOL!! I'll never understand why they feel we don't need to know everything that's going on, it happens to be about US, not them LOL!!
After DDD was brought into my MRIs, I asked my drs about it! They told me that after receiving shock to my spine (car accident) and my discs trying to heal themselves (herniated and bulging), that bone spurs started to form, which is the start of DDD!
I'd suggest that you talk to your dr, and if you're having symptoms of it...get any test necessary to rule it out!! I hope this isn't the case for you, and wish you well!! Take care!

Closed Thread