It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #1

bambi111352 HB User
Unhappy need help please

hi
i need help with mri reading and should i file for ssdi .
The mri shows severe spinal stenosis at L4-5 with a combonation of pseudodisc rupture and slippage of spine (grade 1 spondylolisthesis) The lumbar discogram shows some annular tearing and leakage of contrast at L3_4
and the severe disc abnormality at L4-5 but not to much of a problem at L5-s1
With manual muscle testing she has giveaway weaknessof the ankle dorsiflexion bilaterally due to severe pain. straight leg raisingis positive bilaterally. Lumbar spasms are present and has a hyperlordosis with palable step-off posteriorly, around the L4-5 level. there are obvious lumbar spasms.

The Dr. says surgery was clearly indicated due to loss of bladder funtion due to severe stenosis at L4-5 and chronic pressure on the nerves.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: need help please

Most of the words can be cut and pasted into a seach engine, giving you long explanations as to what they are. It takes awhile but is well worth it when you are worried.

From the looks of it, you are out of whack. There is nothing that looks too serious except for the loss of bladder control. Do you have to wear Depends? Is it constant loss of control? If not, then I would seek other opinions and get the DREADED discogram and DIP test. It hurts but is a better diagnosis than the MRI.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Now that surgery has reared it's ugly head, it is time to get a second opinion. Although my guess is that you will hear the same thing. Once the nerves that control the bladder and bowel are being impinged, it really is something that needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later because if those nerves become permanently damaged, you will always have problems in that area.

Good luck to you.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 08-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User

Aloha bambi,

I agree with the words of wisdom by the others, if your bladder function is out of your control this is a serious thing that should be addressed immediately. I also agree that a second opinion is in order. You need answers and relief now. As far as SSSI or SSDI is concerned, I would say yes, apply ASAP as it will take them the better part of a year to go through their process, maybe longer, so start the ball rolling. Good Luck and God Bless.

Carl

Old 08-10-2004, 06:17 AM   #5

bambi111352 HB User

Thanks for the reply, this is a workers comp. case i hurt my back at work and of course i went thru the w/c round robin rotation of w/c Drs who all but one said surgery wouldnt help then the last Dr i went to on my own and he wants me to have an updated mri and discogram. W/C was ordered to pay my future medical so when i went to the last Dr they refused to pay the bill and my script. I called my attorney and we are taking them back to court.
I use depends but boy i feel bad about it. My left leg is numb when i am up more than an hour and also if i sit a long time , the right leg sometimes will just go out and i fall (only if i walk around a lot). I am in pain most of the time
and feel useless. Thanks again for the replies.

Closed Thread