It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Sciatica? Is it changing?

Ok I've had sciatica for over 8 yrs now but in the last few years (especially when I left my 20yr desk job)it has only bothered me if I sit for more than a half hour. The last couple days seemingly out of nowhere my left side of hip crossing over to the middle of the left butt cheek down the left side of the leg cossing over to the inside calf burns and the butt cheek really aches and the top of the thigh feels more like something is in there, it's hard to explain. IT's tender over the tailbone area and to the left on the bone. You know the burn where when you touch it or you put cold on it really gets it aching? Now I have L2 to L5 badly degenerative discs, radiculopathy throughout do to some trauma damage years ago and I have pernicious anemia that also caused nerv damage. I was just curious as to the sudden different sciatica pain and route as it never did the crossing over areas before just the straight down the back of left leg, I have arthritis in the cervical spine and hands an feet but I work out several time a week on the treadmil pain or no pain and I'm wondering if I unknowingly did something to cause this. Anyone have this happen, it really hurt like sciatica but on a different route than the usual.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:26 AM   #2
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User
Re: Sciatica? Is it changing?

i have sciatic and i to have the burning,cold sencation on my hip across my back and front side, down leg and right rib cage. im actually waiting for insurance to kick in before have mine looked at. you need to get checked out for it could get worse. do you get numbness as well or just the hot,cold sensation. ill keep you and all the forum in my prayers. God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

With the change in the route, I'm wondering if there's another nerve pinched somewhere!!! When was the last time you'd had an MRI etc.?? Perhaps ordering one would be a good idea? Atleast then you can see for sure, what's going on in there! Good luck and take care!!

Old 08-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

I totally agree with Out2Lunch.

Carol
morphine pump

Closed Thread