It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 10:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
More or less looking for moral support!

Hey All.....

I guess basically I am just looking for some moral support... I go tomorrow for my MRI... to find out what is causing the tenderness and pain in my lower back, and the pain and aching in my legs, and the stabbing pain in my foot... I know there has to be a reason for this pain... but my worst fear is that they will do the MRI and it will not show anything, and my Neuro will tell me that they don't see anything and see no reason I can't go back to work... which... its obvious I can't... the only time I have limited pain is when I am laying flat on my back in bed, and its a bit hard to work flat on your back in bed....but as soon as I get up on my feet, the pain starts again... If I am sitting it also hurts, so I go lay down, and the pain subsides.... then I get up and make a go of it again, until the pain get to unbearable then lay down again.... So im sure you see the vicious cycle I deal with.... and Im sure many of you can relate...

I mean I know my MRI is not going to show nothing... because I still have the slight buldge at L4-L5 that I had before my discectomy/laminectomy at L5-S1 back on June 2.....

I have also been having pain in my upper back, about middle ways up, and my arms will go numb when I am asleep, or sitting watching TV....numerous times I have experienced them getting numb (falling asleep) anyone else experienced this.... I am going to tell my Neuro about this when I go back to him on the 17th....I thought maybe it was from sleeping the wrong way when it happened the first couple times, but its happened more often, and not only when I am laying down sleeping now....Anyone else experienced this????? What could cause this???

Glad I have this board to post on or I would go bonkers!

Thanks All

Slight buldge at L4-L5
Discectomy/Laminectomy at L5-S1....June 2, 2004

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 02:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User
Re: More or less looking for moral support!

Aloha TWR04,

XOXOXO, Having said that I hope that helps.

Not only did I see what a vicious cycle you’re going through, I lived it. Man…I hope you find something that works, I would bet that it would be excruciatingly frustrating to go through an MRI only to have them tell you “Nothing is wrong, you’re going back to work”.

I am curious though…if your last MRI showed a bulging disc at L4-L5, why didn’t they address that when they did your L5-S1 in June? Is this an insurance doctor, or is it one of your choosing? It may be time for another doctor’s opinion. I have never experienced what you are describing with your numbness and middle back problems, but that sounds like it also may be a pinched nerve (bulging disc or DDD), I hope not, are you taking Neurontin, that may help you, it has really helped me get control of my nerve pains.

I know I’m a little late with this post, but I’m wishing you the best of luck with your MRI anyway. I think that I am 3 time zones away from you.

Carl

P.S. Please don’t go Bonkers! I’ll be looking for an update, hopefully filled with good news. Good Luck.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 AM   #3
Inactive

michelleseibers HB User

i agree with pinched nerve. i understand all to well of your pain and pray that it gor=es away from you. i also think if its an insurance doc. you need to get another. dont let them tell you your fine when you know your not. you know your body better then anyone and only you can explain your pain not a doctor with nothing wrong.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

I would have to agree that you've got nerves pinched somewhere, and perhaps more problems with the discs!! This MRI will give you all the answers you need, although I hope it's nothing too serious!!! There's no way it could come back "fine" when you're living the way you are!! Let us know how it goes, take care!!

Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
(female)

FUNKYHEADGIRL HB User

Hi!
I have the same PROBLEM as you, as far as the pain only subsides when laying down. Sitting or walking for over 20 minutes hurts me! I just had a MRI last week and am awaiting the results. Lets hope we BOTH find a solution to the problem! I have that fear of them saying "nothing is wrong" too. Its not like I WANT something to be wrong, I just need to know I'm not crazy and making up this awful constant pain! I have to work regardless so all I want is help for the pain. Good luck!!

Old 08-11-2004, 10:23 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User

Hey guys.....

Thanks so much for the responses..... Carl... you know to be honest I really dont know why they didnt address the L4-5 issue when I had my L5-S1 surgery in june.... I had just assumed they must not have thought it was bad enough or something.... and not knowing anything about this stuff, just assumed that since he had done this sort of thing for years, he knew what was best for me...... To answer the question about if he is a insurance doc or not.... No..... he is not... my orthopedic surgeon referred me to him, said he comes quite highly recommended....as far as the neurontin.... my neuro says he does not perscribe that for his people, he does not like it....

Well, I have to leave for my MRI in about 30 min... so better get going.... Will keep you all updates as to what I find out.. of course I won't know anything until I go back to my Neuro on the 17th...

Again Thanks for the support to all of you....

Old 08-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #7

Jenna'sMom HB User

Dear Wildrose,
I hope your MRI wasn't too unpleasant. I'm sure they'll see something, you can't be having that many problems for no reason. I'm not that familiar with the disc problems, but I hope everything turns out okay. I hope you don't have to endure another surgery so soon. As Carl said, it is strange he didn't address the problem at the other level. But as I'm sure you've figured out from reading all the posts, for every doctor, there seems to be a slightly different approach.

I guess we just have to do our homework and have some trust and faith in the doctors (very difficult at times)

Keep us posted with the results,

Take Care,
Julie

APLIF T4-S1 on july 19, 2004
Harrington rod T5 - T12 1982

Closed Thread