It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

ladybird988 HB Userladybird988 HB User
large annular tear, how long to heal?

I have a large annular tear on L4/L5 from top to bottom. A chunk of disc was sitting in the opening and the doc removed it. He says it will now have a chance to heal. He told me 6 weeks, but I am leary of believing that because I've had this pain for over 2 years. I HOPE this surgery did the trick, but just don't trust it, as I am still in pain. Not spine pain like before, but aching. Anyone had luck healing such a large tear and how long did it take? I am still not sitting 6 weeks post op just to make sure I don't reherniate more material out. any advice?? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #2

StarAngel3 HB User
Arrow Re: large annular tear, how long to heal?

ladybird988,

I am sorry your still in pain. But if it is different than before surgery, that might be a good sign and mean that is just sore because of the surgery. For all long does it take, well that all depends some people heal slower than others, and to me 6 weeks still is in the early stages of healing. After I had my microdiscectomy, I went back to work in 11 weeks with a little bit of pain, but unfortunately it reherniated two more times.. I hope the pain subsides for you.. Hugs..StarAngel

Last edited by StarAngel3; 08-11-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread