It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 06:44 PM   #1

xtoyota HB User
which surgeons???

hi everyone
i was wondering if they are anyway to to get reports on surgeons . (if there good or not)

Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 PM   #2

xtoyota HB User
Re: which surgeons???

the ? i asked is because im scared going under a knife. i dont want to come up butchered and be the same or worse than i am.
thanksmike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #3

SpondyMom HB User

[QUOTE=xtoyota]the ? i asked is because im scared going under a knife. i dont want to come up butchered and be the same or worse than i am.
thanksmike[/QUOTE]

An excellent question! Where do you live? Most states have web pages for the medical disciplinary actions, but most butchers get hundred of victims before the state takes any action, if ever. I would suggest you post here and also talk to as many people you know and ask. Also, you might want to look in the yellow pages and find some lawyers who take medical malpractice cases; they usually know who the bad doctors are and might share this with you.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

There is a fee to get the information but it is well worth it. You also have to take under consideration that there are a lot of out of court settlements.

I typed my doctor's names into the computer and came up with web sites that related to their OWCP cases. See what happens when you type their names into the Google seach engine.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #5

xtoyota HB User
Wink Re: which surgeons???

thanks yall
i live in alabama. the surgeon is in columbus ga. i just siiting down (about the only thing i can do) that crossed my my mind. thanks again yall
mike

Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #6

SpondyMom HB User

[QUOTE=xtoyota]thanks yall
i live in alabama. the surgeon is in columbus ga. i just siiting down (about the only thing i can do) that crossed my my mind. thanks again yall
mike[/QUOTE]

There is a great orthopedic surgeon who lives in alabama who all the great athletes go to for surgery. His name escapes me but they fly in from all over. Ask around, folks will know.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:00 PM   #7

xtoyota HB User

spondymom
i was wanting to go to uab in birmingham but im 2 1\2 hours for there. the doctor said it wiuld be worse to ride that for after surgery and check ups. he refered me to dr john d. dorchak at the houston clinic with is 45 minutes form the house. i trust my doctor but i had something to click and make me thing of checking out the surgeon. i really couldnt find what i was looking for though. thanks mike

Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 AM   #8
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Mike, welcome!!! I'm sorry but I can't help you anymore then the others have, but wanted to welcome you all the same!!! It's always best, to ask away whenever you have any questions! Especially when you're talking about something as serious as surgery!!! You have to protect yourself at all costs, and so there's nothing wrong with checking out your surgeon! You could even ask him for some credentials!! Just don't ask if he's had any mal-practice suits LOL! Some will even let you speak to other people they've operated on!!
This may sound stupid LOL, but I have to ask anyway!! Being in Alabama, do you know Ruben Studdard?? He's my velvet teddy bear LOL, and just wondered if you were fortunate enough to know him LOL!! I know it's off topic, but you're the first person I've met that's from Alabama, so had to ask LOL!!
Anyway, please ask around everywhere until you're comfortable with this surgeon working on you ok?? You have to be 100% sure and comfortable, before going through something like this!! I wish you all the luck in the world!! Keep us posted ok? ((HUGS)) Take care!

Old 08-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #9

xtoyota HB User

out2lunch
i thank you for the reply. i know some studdards in talledega county but no ruben studdards. thanks again for yalls help and i willl probally have more ? later.
mike

Closed Thread