It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Post Help! Incredible Back Pain When Sitting For A Long Time

[B]Hello people , for several months i've been developing a back problem. i have lot's of pain in the middle of my back in the left side every time i sit for more than 20 min. (driving, movies, computer..etc) and it's a really STRONG PAIN! i normally have moderate physical activities(i walk everynight for 30 min also) and i drink lot's of water. i went to the back doctor 3 months ago and he 'cracked' it but the pain is still the same or worse.
help! what is happening?
[/B]

Old 08-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #2

SpondyMom HB User
Re: Help! Incredible Back Pain When Sitting For A Long Time

[QUOTE=earthdayapril22][B]Hello people , for several months i've been developing a back problem. i have lot's of pain in the middle of my back in the left side every time i sit for more than 20 min. (driving, movies, computer..etc) and it's a really STRONG PAIN! i normally have moderate physical activities(i walk everynight for 30 min also) and i drink lot's of water. i went to the back doctor 3 months ago and he 'cracked' it but the pain is still the same or worse.
help! what is happening?
[/B][/QUOTE]

You may have a herniated disc. If so, go to a REAL doctor, not a chiropractor. You don't need anyone "cracking" your back at this point. Find a good orthopedic surgeon and GO. There is medication you can take for the pain. Physical therapy might help. Sitting is the WORST thing for your back as it puts the most pressure on it. Get up frequently and walk around. You can also look up some good exercises to strengthen your back and abdominal muscles (without putting unnecessary strain on your back) and stretch out your hamstrings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

I definitely agree with Spondymom!! Please stay away from the chiro, and get your dr to order an MRI or CTscan!! They need to get a look at your discs!! Take care!

Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

hey, thanks for the advice! Im planning to take some physical therapys and if it still continue i may have to go to a real doctor. thanks again!

Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

scotty12 HB User

you really should get a dr to diagnose the problem and then be referred for physical therapy..........scotty

Old 08-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
(female)

ladybird988 HB Userladybird988 HB User

Sounds like sciatica, which can be due to a pinched nerve due to a herniated disk. DON"T sit!! I agree. See a back doctor and stay away from a chiropractor. They can damage you if you do have a disk problem.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
(female)

plm HB User

I agree with Scotty. Don't start fooling around with your back without knowing what the actual problem is. You could make the problem worse with the wrong kind of exercise. Go to a doctor. I have back problems and went to an orthopedic surgeon, and was not a bit pleased with him or his attitude. But now I'm going to a neurologist. That's who my family care doctor said to go to. Hopefully she'll figure out the problem. I have problems standing OR sitting for any length of time.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #8
Veteran

standingman HB User

Earth--Agree with what others have posted. You'll find a number of valuable threads on this board concerning problems with sitting and/or driving. It you use the words "sit", "sitting," or "driving" in the board search engine, you'll find them.

Sitting is often the most painful thing for back patients. As my name implies, I am one of them too.

Standingman

Closed Thread