It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 AM   #1

John1025 HB User
Discography and tear in disc(help!!)

Yesterday I had a discography done and it was said that I have a tear or rupture in my L4-L5 disc. I hurt extemely bad right now and was wondering if it is normal (around a 9 out of 10 at this moment). If I move around I get nauseaiated, however the pain is unbeleivable they said it would hurt but damn. The 2 lortab do nothing to help, anyone know how long this will go on or should I call the doctor. Also can someone explain what the tear or rupture means.

Thanks,
John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #2

Stormy01 HB User
Re: Discography and tear in disc(help!!)

Call your doctor and tell them you need stronger pain relief. Heck, when they did my discogram they put me on Oxycontin. You may not be as adapted to the medication though, so I'd at least ask for Percocet.

Yes, it's normal for it to hurt like this for a few days. Luckily I had a really good doctor who drugged me heavlily for two days afterwards. I'm sorry yours didn't. He should have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #3

John1025 HB User

They gave me 7.5 lortab but told me to take 1 every 8-12 hours. I have taken 3 this morning with no relief I have called them but they jackass's (sorry for the profanity) have not called me back. At this point I feel like shooting my self (haha), I got to find a new doctor.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #4

Stormy01 HB User

Got a hospital nearby? Go to the emergency room. That will get you better mediation I hope. Whoever did your discogram is completely irresponible to leave you in such pain. I feel so very bad for you John. I know how it feels. I thought I was going to die when the novicaine wore off and before the pain meds took effect. Make sure you aren't up and about making it worse. Lay down and be still and try ICE. Lots and lots of ICE. Then call your doctor back and keep calling until they do something.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #5

John1025 HB User

Laying flat on the floor is bout the only thing that helps some.

Thanks for the responses I really do appreciate it

Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

John1025:

We are not allowed to post links here but I was surfing the net last night, looking into tears, using the Google search engine and there is a chiropractor out there who has made up a diary as well as gone into extreme detail in regards to tears and hernitaitons. His spelling and grammar are not that great, but the information and pics are. You might want to look at his site. You will have to find it on your own but it is well worth it. His name is Doug and he is a chiropractic geek. That should give you enough info to go on.

I was so into his site that I didn't notice if he has advertizing. I know that is one of the reasons that we can't post sites, as they are not sponsers.

I read his site from end to end as well as his diary. Made for interesting and well informed decisions on our part. This guy has gone the gamut.

He has had surgery, himself. He started out with a bad back. I am not sure why he chose to be a chiroprator over a medical doc, but he is not using his site to push either, it is a personal experience for him.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #7

John1025 HB User

Thanks for relaying me to that site, I found out today I have a Grade 4 annular tear that is causing a fairly big buldge. Today has been one of the worst days of my life, the pain has been excrusiating. Thanks for the info.

Closed Thread