It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #1

ninatwo HB User
L4-L5 disk

hello everyone,
This is my first time using this website. i have been dealing with a protruded disk at L4-L5 for the past year and nothing has improved. i had a car accident last year which affected the strength of my back. Anyways, i wanted to get some ideas on how harmful it would be for my back if i consider having a child. i am only 25 and my husband and i have been married for a couple of years now and we really want to have a baby. my doctor is not recommending surgery and wants to perform a nucleplasty on my disc. i have heard of a lot of cases with women having disc problems and after delivery they heal on their own. please help me and if possible give me your best advice.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #2

fl cat HB User
Re: L4-L5 disk

Hello Nina. I have 6 kids, the first 2 were pre-back injury(16, and 14)
Then I was hit by a drunk driver about 8 years ago, ruptured L4-L5, I also have stenosis. My 5 yr old did not seem to be to bad and with my 21 month old my bad hurt quite a bit but the MRI after she was born showed she didn't do much more damage. However my 9 month old twins did, but I have big babies the smallest twin was 7lb 5oz. and the last two pregnacies I put on alot of weight.(They were back to back) Plus I am in my mid 30's. So I think you should have no problem, but prepare!!!!! Build your torso musles up and get good shoes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread