It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
(female)

ladybird988 HB Userladybird988 HB User
Butt pain bad post miscrodiskectomy...

Hi there. Had a microdisckectomy on L4/L5 to remove disk fragment from nerve and doctor removed some disk material from disk to help annular tear heal. I am doing much better at 6 weeks. No more spine pain. Much less leg pain. Thigh not so numb. Drop foot is gone. Can walk again.

However, the butt pain is still there and is so bad I am still taking percocet to stay sane with the pain. Standing and walking and riding in car exacerbate it. Also, I have arthritis in L4/L5 and disk above.

Today he said that in another 3 weeks, this butt pain should clear up, but it may be permanent due to the collapsed disk. It is too horrible to live with. I broke down crying in front of him. he said if it continues to have a disk replacement. After 2 1/2 years of this pain, I just can't take any more. you know when you just reach the end of your rope?? And to have just had surgery and now hear I may need another??? AGHH!

HELPPP!

I'm only 6 weeks post op. Can anyone give me a good case scenario in which their butt pain went away??? I'm just exhausted and at wits end. I started Vioxx today and he has given me a non narcotic pain killer as well. I start physical therapy soon and he said that may help the butt pain. From earlier PT for the back, I was told my piriformis has a tendency to get real tight.

Thanks in advance. Best of luck to you.

Closed Thread