It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

FUNKYHEADGIRL HB User
To All With Stenosis...

I was just diagnosed with stenosis. My dr said no surgery needed but I seem to be in more constant pain than this should cause and can rarely make it through an entire day at work. What do you do/take to deal effectively with your stenosis ? Dr suggested cortisone shots but I'm terrified of needles ! Any other ideas ? Good pain meds for this ? Exercises ?
Any help is appreciated !!! Thanks!

Old 08-14-2004, 03:56 PM   #2

Stenosis HB User
Re: To All With Stenosis...

I still have stenosis like symptoms although my latest MRI states that I no longer have stenosis.

I'm not sure where your stenosis is located but this is what I do to help relieve pain in L4-5 area.

When my back really tightens up from standing or walking, I like to lay down on my back and pull my knees up to my chest and hold that as long as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

read the on line publication, The Burton Report before thinking about the injections.

How does stenoisis go away? I didn't realize that it did.

Old 08-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #4

Stenosis HB User

[QUOTE=moonlight]read the on line publication, The Burton Report before thinking about the injections.

How does stenoisis go away? I didn't realize that it did.[/QUOTE]

My stenosis was caused from a herniated disk and now it has ruptured and the herniation has subsided so it is not pushing into the spinal canal anymore. Thats what they tell me anyway...still hurts just as bad though.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

flyonthewall HB User

[QUOTE=Stenosis]My stenosis was caused from a herniated disk and now it has ruptured and the herniation has subsided so it is not pushing into the spinal canal anymore. Thats what they tell me anyway...still hurts just as bad though.[/QUOTE]

A ruptured disc is not a good thing. You've just traded one problem for another.
fly

Old 08-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #6

Stenosis HB User

[QUOTE=flyonthewall]A ruptured disc is not a good thing. You've just traded one problem for another.
fly[/QUOTE]

Yup...let the degeneration begin.

Closed Thread