It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 12:39 PM   #1

colleen b HB User
Cool Fly Girl, are you there?

Hi Amy!

Just wanted to check in with you. Would love to hear how you are. Please let me know how your myleogram went!

Colleen

Old 08-16-2004, 08:06 AM   #2

Fly_Girl01 HB User
Re: Fly Girl, are you there?

Hi Colleen!!

Sorry its taken so long to reply, I couldnt get online at all this weekend, seems my computer got struck with a pretty nasty trojan virus! SO $100 later, Im back on line. Crazy stuff.
Anyway, the myleogram went OK, they did not put me under, so I was scared, but it was over with before I knew it. Now the pain afterwards was excruciating! They gave me IV demerol before sending me home, and I was stuck in bed the rest of that day and the next. They definately "reinact" the pain. They found more stuff though with thr CT they did afterwards, scoliosis in my neck, severe compression at C-4 thru C-7, which I had no idea, it doesnt bother me half as much as my back. The compression fractures are from T-5 to T-11 and L1. However T6 and T 7 are still the ones giving me the major problems sense they are shattered. The Doc said he has never seen such a bad case of DDD and everything else I have going on in someone so young. So I am still taking the Oxy 20 mgs twice a day and Lortab for BT. I am seeing a PM doctor on Wednesday and seeing another Neurosurgeon next Monday. I really like and trust the NS Ive been seeing but I still want a second opinion before jumping into surgery. As far as the pain goes, its like a part of my daily routine. It sucks. If I can avoid surgery, Im going to try to back to school for the fall term at least part time status. Sitting/laying on the couch getting depressed is getting to me.

Hubby has a business trip in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 weeks and we are flying down for thatnext Monday afternoon after my appointment. I think some relaxation and sunbathing is definately in order. I just hope there arent anymore hurricanes in store.

Im glad you had such a good time on your vacation and I missed talking to you! I think you made a very good decision quitting your one job. I have noticed and definately agree that any kind of stress make the pain that much worse. So do you have anymore upcoming appointments or tests or anything? Is your NS saying surgery is your only option? I really hope its not for both of us. I just wish I could wake up from this horrible dream one morning and be pain free.

Let me know how you are doing asap!

Hugs,
Amy
DDD T9-T10
Retrolisthesis L5-S1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM   #3

colleen b HB User

Hi Amy!

I posted to you earlier and I just noticed that it was not on the boards. The site has been acting kind of funny for me today.

Sounds like you have been put through the ringer with that Myelogram. Boy am I scared to have mine done. At least you found out all of the information that you needed. The question is, now what to do. Have you tried any pt? I don't know what you can do for a fracture. So sorry for all of the bad news. Your vacation will help you. It did me a wonder of good.

My myelogram is Monday. I am scared to death, but I have to do it. Will I be able to work on Tuesday night do you think? I have to put my notice in this week and it will not be in time. My hubby is worried that we do not have enough $ saved. I am scared about that now. I don't know what to do now. I want to go back on vacation.

This is a short one because I need to put my kids down. I told you so much more in the posting that did not make it! LOL!

Great to hear from you!

Colleen

Old 08-19-2004, 07:32 AM   #4

Fly_Girl01 HB User

Hi Colleen-

Wasnt on the boards the last couple days, having alot of pain and couldnt get the strength to sit at the computer. Then I get depressed because of all of the pain and get totally unmotivated. Feeling a little better today and Im soooo redy to leave for FL on Monday!

About going back to work on Tuesday night, I seriously doubt it. But, everyone is different, maybe yours will go a little easier. It took me a good 3 days to feel my "normal" every day pain. I didnt have to get the blood patch that others have talked about, which I was thankful for. I did have a pretty nasty headache afterwards, but my meds took most of the edge off. Dont be scared, it is over before you know it. Make sure that you have someone to drive you home and wait on you at home.

I saw your post about the Tempur-Pedic mattress and toppers. Are you going to order one? Sounds like something to look into. Let me know if you get it and how it works out for you.

I am thinkign of you, hope you are having a pain free day and I should be on and off the boards the next few days until I leave on Monday.

Take care,
Amy
DDD T9-T10
Retrolisthesis L5-S1

Old 08-19-2004, 07:44 AM   #5

colleen b HB User

Hi Amy,

You do not sound good! I am sorry about the pain. I am actually doing a little better. I am on vioxx now and it is helping alot. Not sure why, I was on it before and it did nothing. You need your vacation!

Sometimes when i read the boards alot it can make me feel a little bit depressed, other times it is such a help. I think it makes me feel a little bit hopeless because everyone is in so much pain, and it is pain that cannot be fixed. I guess the success stories are not on the boards because they do not need it.

I had the emg yesterday. It was not that bad. Felt weird actually, not pain. I have a nerve root compression on my L4/5 that they say is not that bad. They did not do my thoracic or my neck though. I thought that they would do the whole thing.

How far do you live from Washington D.C.? or Baltimore?

Anyway, keep thinking about your vacation. The sun is a wonderful thing!

Colleen

Old 08-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #6

Fly_Girl01 HB User

Colleen,

Thats great to hear that you are doing a little better with the vioxx. My dad had a level two fusion last year (cervical) and now takes vioxx for the bad days and it has helped him tremendously. He also has DDD, guess it rus in the family.

I sure do hope the sun and sand help. I just get depressed feeling like Ive wasted my summer away in pain and not being able to do fun stuff. My friends from college dont really come around as much, I guess because I cant go out and even have a drink because of the meds, so I guess Im not "fun" anymore. Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself.

When we visit my father in law in Waldorf, MD it takes us about 4.5 hours, and thats about 25 miles south of DC.

Talk to you later,
Amy
DDD T9-T10
Retrolisthesis L5-S1

Closed Thread