It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #1

colleen b HB User
Question Tempur-pedic mattress?

Has anyone purchased a tempur-pedic mattress? If so, is it worth the $?

Colleen

Old 08-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

BobiM HB User
Re: Tempur-pedic mattress?

[QUOTE=colleen b]Has anyone purchased a tempur-pedic mattress? If so, is it worth the $?

Colleen[/QUOTE]

I have a Tempur-pedic pillow and it is VERY hot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 02:20 AM   #3

beebauser HB User

yes was worth it for me. I have heard it is hot, but I have Cen.Air, so I dont get over heated. good luck
bee

Old 08-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #4

Stenosis HB User

[QUOTE=beebauser]yes was worth it for me. I have heard it is hot, but I have Cen.Air, so I dont get over heated. good luck
bee[/QUOTE]

Yes,

Central Air...the key to summertime happiness. I have just ordered the memory foam pads you put on top of your regular mattress. Probably not as good as an entire mattress, but I was a lttle hesitant on flipping such a big bill for a bed. Anyone have have just the topper?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:01 PM   #5

colleen b HB User

Do you actually get hot when you are sleeping?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #6
(female)

BobiM HB User

[QUOTE=colleen b]Do you actually get hot when you are sleeping?[/QUOTE]

My only experience is with the pillow and, yes, I do get hot while I'm sleeping. My husband won't use his because it makes him too hot. I guess it holds body temperature. I really am not sure why it's hot.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Both the mattress and pillow retain heat which is how your body conforms to the mattress. I've had mine about a year and I do love it minus the heat in the summer but it sure is great on cooler days and in the winter.
The topper is no where near as effective as the bed itself. If you aren't interested in spending so much then you can try the topper, you may like it. Some folks seem to like it at least but chances are they never tried the real bed and saw the huge difference.
It does cradle your body well and can help with pain. I can now lay on my left side which I couldn't do before due to a replaced hip and herniated lumbar.
They do offer a free trial period if you are seriously interested in it.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:56 AM   #8
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

I haven't purchased the mattress, but would love to get one LOL!! I do have the pillow though, and would sleep without it!!
I don't find that I get hot or anything, and I used to wake with horrible headaches before I got it!! I have herniated discs in my neck that give me horrendous headaches, so I swear by this pillow! Atleast I'm not waking up to them anymore!! Take care!

Old 08-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

mlachowicz HB User

We just bought the mattress, and I have not seen much of a difference yet. There is a 4 month trial period before you are obligated to purchase it. I am not overly impressed, but have only been sleeping on it for 3 days.
good luck!
~M~

Old 08-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #10

beebauser HB User

i am happy with it. i also was told that the first 5 inches were most important, so for what that is worth. it cost about 1,500.00 and I have spent that much on a reg. mattress, one of the top brands then in 3 months felt terrible. so I have had it for 7 months and wouldn't trade it. I have got so spoiled that I now notice how uncomfortable the couch is.
good luck
bee

Old 08-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #11
(female)

jchernyb HB User

I too have been wanting to purchase either the topper or the whole mattress but was wondering what the feedback was. I may try the topper first to see if there is any difference at all. I have 2 herniated discs with nerveroot hitting at L2, but my main problem is the pain in my left leg. Even when I sleep. That sciatica really knows when to attack a person! I have seen the toppers for around $200 so I will let you know!

Old 08-17-2004, 05:41 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

I bought a tempur-pedic mattress about l8 months ago and just love it. In fact, we bought another one for our camper! My husband and I are both on the larger size, and get hot pretty fast, but have not had any trouble with over-heating sleeping on this. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 08-18-2004, 05:52 AM   #13

colleen b HB User

Hi Carol! and Everyone!

Thank you very much for all of the wonderful information! I am going to purchase one asap!

Carol, can you tell me how the morphine pump works, and does it take care of all of your pain? Thank you in advance!

COlleen

Old 08-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User

Colleen, the morphine pump works very well on a lot of my pain. I had mine put in last July and we are still working on finding the right dose. My first doctor was too conservative and I finally switched to a new pm whose attitude is like mine...why have the surgery if you are still going to have a lot of pain? Does it take care of ALL the pain--no. But enough that it has allowed me more freedom of movement and keeps me from taking 6 lorcet daily. Most days I take none...
You still have to be careful....the original problem is still there and you can end up in awful pain if you overdo, but I can now do laundry, cook dinner, move freely through my house, do my grocery shopping, all without taking oral meds and it is wonderful. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so ask away.

Carol
morphine pump

Old 08-18-2004, 07:57 PM   #15

colleen b HB User

Thank you! I am glad to hear that you are much more active. Where is the pump placed on your body? Is it noticeable to anyone? Does it interfere with your clothing?

I really appreciate the information.

COlleen

Closed Thread