It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #1

Jenna'sMom HB User
Hi Elaine, I'm on right now too

right in the middle of making dinner, how you doing?

APLIF T4-S1 on july 19, 2004
Harrington rod T5 - T12 1982

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

Love2cook HB User
Re: Hi Elaine, I'm on right now too

Hi Julie,

Not making dinner. As it is 10:45pm here....

Are you staying on for a bit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Julie-
I'm doing good. Although I'm in the middle of a "fight" with my legs. They're winning... and driving me crazy. I have been on the net reading all I could find about RLS and boy is it interesting.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:44 PM   #4
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Julie,

I watched for a response for a while, but saw you signed out. Dinner must have been done and time to eat! Well, it is now 11:45pm and I'm tired, ZZZzzzzz. My busy legs and I are going to try to go to sleep! If I get up in the middle of the night, as I sometimes do, I'll check to see if you got back here.

Have a good evening, my friend

Elaine

Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 PM   #5

Jenna'sMom HB User

sorry I missed you, you know how easy it is to get sidetracked.
tomorrow, night night.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Julie,

Good morning!

Yes, I know how easy it is to get sidetracked... believe me Hope you had a good night. I actually slept pretty good again last night. But I won't tell you all the meds I took to accomplish that; my poor liver.

I know you're eager for your appt tomorrow. I'm eager to find out what your dr says about your pain. Hopefully, it's just something flared up and it will heal soon. I look forward to my appt also. I keep thinking that I'll get some miracle drug and from tomorrow on this will be better. But I shouldn't get my hopes up, it may not be that easy. I did read on some sites last night that RLS can be caused my nerve damage or injury. That may be what is making mine so much worse now.

Did you read my last response in "Hello Carl"?

I have a friend from church coming over tonight. She has 5 children and is a self-proclaimed "bad cook". Not that I'm some amazing chef, but I am pretty skilled at feeding a family of 6 on a very small budget. So I'm going to give her some tips on what I do and hope that she can adapt that to her family. She kept saying to me, "I really need some help". Of course, my first question was "Do you have a Sam's Club Membership? Because I can't help you if you don't" (just kidding). But she does have one, and I think it will be fun. She said she's tired of frozen pizza and mac -n- cheese.

Our church has a school and one of the teachers will have a ball python in the classroom this year. The snake belongs to her son and he agreed to let his mom keep it in the classroom for the students to care for. My boys love snakes. So tomorrow morning Ken and I are taking the boys over to "visit" the snake. The teacher said it is very gentle and they handle the snake all the time. I just need to make it clear that no matter how cool this snake is..... we're NOT getting one!!! Anyway, it should be interesting. School doesn't start until Wednesday so there won't be any students there yet.

Better get up off this chair and start my day! Everyone's up but the baby. Hope you have a great day. When does Jenna start school?

Take care,
Elaine

Old 08-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #7

Jenna'sMom HB User

Elaine,
You had me rolling on the floor (figuratively of course). I love reptiles, the only reason I wouldn't let Jenna have a snake is because I couldn't bear to feed it live mice. I really love snakes. But spiders, namely tarrantulas, oooooohhhhhh yuck. I held one once at a nature center so that Jenna wouldn't pick up my phobia, I swear that's one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Wow, school starts early for your kids, Jenna doesn't go back until Sept 9.Is your 4 yo in preschool? I still have to take Jenna shopping for uniforms. That kid grows like a weed, she's grown an inch just over the summer. She goes to public school, but we all opted for uniforms so everyone would be on the same level. It also makes life simpler in the morning with fewer choices. Girls at this age are already fashion concentious (sp?) and some of her ensembles are pretty wacky. This kid definitely marches to the tune of her own drummer. It will serve her well as an adult, but I'm afraid it will make life in school socially a little harder.

I love the idea of a family business. Although, I'm not sure if David and I could work together. Read your last post in the other section. Yeah, maybe Jenna will grow up to be a designer too, she loves to draw. The name you came up with for the family business does have the exact right ring to it. David loves it. You should try it - with your family.

The only people that are truly "bad cooks" are the people that hate to cook. The others have probably just not had any good role models. I'm sure you'll teach her alot. I've got a great recipe from my friend for these really neat enchiladas that she makes in huge batches when we meet them for a ski weekend every year. I'll post it for you later. Her parents own this gorgeous house at Northstar at Lake Tahoe. And every year we meet 4 other couples (all Dave's buddies from high school) and all their kids for a big family ski weekend. It doesn't cost us a dime to stay there, and they usually can get us big discounts on lift tickets. This year, I had back luck and completely tore my ACL ligament. Still have to have that surgery, but I'm walking fine without it, so it can wait until next year. But no skiing for me this year.

The house is still quiet right now, hence this ridiculously long email. No reply to my post to Carl last night. I really do worry about him. Depression is such a hard thing to deal with. I'm sure once school starts, I'll have less time for the boards. I hear first grade homework is much harder than kindergarten. I still can't believe I have a first grader .

Have fun with the snake!
Julie

Old 08-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #8
(female)

Love2cook HB User

[QUOTE=Jenna'sMom]Elaine,

Read your last post in the other section.

Have fun with the snake!

Julie[/QUOTE]

Julie,

I didn't follow you on this one... What section?

Elaine

Old 08-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #9
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Julie,

Thought I'd chime in to say Hi! Hoping your appt goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted. And hoping your little peanut's feeling better

Elaine

Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #10

Jenna'sMom HB User

Thanks Elaine,
Hopefully we'll both get some answers today. Jenna has to be at camp early today, so things are a little nuts around here right now. Catch you later.
Julie

Closed Thread