It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 12:32 PM   #1

FBSSGail HB User
Question Lumbar Facet/Medial Nerve Blocks/rad-freq denerveation

Hello - has any one had experience with lumbar facet injections and/or medial nerve blocks which of course are leading up to radio frequency denervation? I am about to start this on Thursday. As you can see from my signature ('98 micro discetomy/lamectomy, 11-02 L4/L5 fusion, 1-03 chronic pain,nerve damage,FBSS, 7 epi shots) this follows a history of surgeries and treatments. I am in constant pain and there seems to be no other option. Would love to hear about any experiences good or bad. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FBSSGail; 08-16-2004 at 12:37 PM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #2

sambo99 HB User
Re: Lumbar Facet/Medial Nerve Blocks/rad-freq denerveation

I would be so happy to hear how your procedures went...Considering the same here!
Thanks-
Sambo99

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

Amy R. HB User

Hi,
I've had all. The facet injections and nerve blocks hurt no more than the epis. I had the rf done b/c I had some relief w/ the facet inj's. However, the rf didn't work for me. Well, it did rid of an 'electric' zapping I had down to the very tip of my tailbone, and the tailbone itself hurts less. I guess I was hoping for more. The rf will feel like a TENS unit inside of you - that's all. I was sent home in a wheelchair and helped into my house just b/c he used novocaine - it runs down into your legs and numbs them. The recovery wasn't bad, but I did get a horrible burning just below my skin - like I had a SERIOUS sun or rug burn. For that, they gave me Neurontin. Sorry I don't have more of a success story. (My rf was L5 - all the way down, including the nerves that come in/out of those facets AND the si joint.)

Old 08-28-2004, 11:23 AM   #4

Ribarb47 HB User

Hi~I had a discectomy at L5/S1 in 1999. Since then I've had numerous nerve root injections which definitely help with my pain. I've been in PM for 2 1/2 yrs and my PM Dr jokes that I'm a no-brainer. When I need an injection, he knows where to shoot it.
I had the nerve heated, not burned once, no problem. For me, as long as I relax, I'm fine. I'm also on Kadian, Topamax and elavil for the nerve pain. ~Barbara~

Closed Thread