It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 01:53 AM   #1

greyblur HB User
Unhappy Hurt Back At Work

I am new here. I am off of work with a back injury. WCB will not pay me lost wages and think I should be back at work because my doctor has not given them any measured evidence as to why I shouldn't be since my X-ray turned out okay and "it's [U]only[/U] soft tissue damage". I continued to work for 2 weeks after injury but then the pain got worse and now I have been off for 6 weeks. WCB says i should be healed by now, but I am not. I am still in pain and have trouble sleeping for more than a few hours at a time. My doctor has not so much as looked at my back let alone checked my limitations by examination. I am on Bextra for pain and Oxazepam for sleep (now). I live in British Columbia and am not sure what to do other than to go try to find another doctor. I was doing massage therapy for about 4 weeks but am now thinking physio might be a better alternative. I just don't know what to do. My employer has told WCB that they have lots of light duties for me. I am all for returning to work but don't see how I will make it through an 8 hour day, as when the pain gets bad I only get relief from laying down and taking all pressure off of my back. My doctor suggested shortened days for now and I think that would work well but WCB says they will not compensate me because they feel I should be better by now. Any comments or ideas would be most welcome So sorry if this is too long or does not make a whole lot of sense as I took a sleep med before I started typing.

Last edited by greyblur; 08-17-2004 at 02:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

dpaz HB User
Re: hurt back at work

Isn't workers comp wonderful? I have been off work since July 13th. The wc doctor won't let me go back to work, but wc won't pay. I am still scoping out lawyers and see another doctor tomorrow. Sounds like you could maybe use an attorney as well.

Old 08-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #3

greyblur HB User
Re: hurt back at work

[QUOTE=dpaz]Isn't workers comp wonderful? I have been off work since July 13th. The wc doctor won't let me go back to work, but wc won't pay. I am still scoping out lawyers and see another doctor tomorrow. Sounds like you could maybe use an attorney as well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Good Luck. Let me know how things go with the lawyer.

Closed Thread