It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 03:04 AM   #1

baberre HB User
Driving my family insane.

Hi my name is Erika. Well last year i got hurt at work, and found out that I have an 8 1/2 mm. protruding disk in my L5. I have done the shots,treatment everything but surgery. Last week the Dr. told me that surgery is the only solution. I have been so angry because I'm only 29 and I feel broken. I am very independant and now I have become dependant.I can't even do simple things like wash dishes or go to the movies with my famliy because I am always in pain. Latley I have been loseing my balance too. I have been so fusterated I feel that now it has affected my relationship with everyone around me. I just don't want to hurt anymore. I'm also wondering if 8 1/2mm. is real serious. Sorry for the sob story just looking for people who can relate. Thank you and peace one love.

Last edited by baberre; 08-17-2004 at 03:07 AM.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:52 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Driving my family insane.

Hi again Erika!! I don't know why your post showed up twice, but I already responded to your other one LOLOL!! But, I'd also forgotten to tell you that you're not a "sob story", and definitely will find people here that can relate!!! You've come to the right place for that, as well as complete understanding and compassion!! There's some wonderful people here!! We hope to hear from you again soon, take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Hi Erika-

First of all, welcome! You are in the right place for support, compassion and a plethora of knowledge.

I understand how you feel. Do you have children? I am married with 4 small boys. I had surgery on June 30 for a collapsed L4-L5 disc. Before my surgery, even though my family is great, I'm sure they got tired of the long list of things I just didn't want to do because of causing more pain. But right now you can't help it. It's not your fault that you have this problem.

From what I have read here, 8 1/2 mm is very large. I had a bulging disc but it only showed up as 3 mm and it was painful. That was before my disc collapsed.

You have every right to want to avoid doing things that cause more pain. It's just human nature. I think you should just do what you have to do right now to be as comfortable as possible. Your family will come around.

If you have surgery, hopefully you'll feel better soon after and start to be back to doing some of those family things you love.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

And feel free to come here any time to let it out. That's what we're here for!

Elaine

Last edited by Love2cook; 08-17-2004 at 05:56 AM.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:27 AM   #4

baberre HB User

Yes I have one son, and thank you for those kind words. If you dont mind me asking if this affected your sex life also?

Old 08-17-2004, 06:49 AM   #5
(female)

Love2cook HB User

Erika,

Well, that took me off guard But in all seriousness, yes. Before my surgery we had a period of "inactivity" due to pain and then of course a couple of weeks post op. During the post op time, that is truly the last thing on ones mind. Even my wonderful husband had no concern with that. His main focus was on my recovery and taking care of the house and the boys so I could rest.

I am 8 weeks post op, as of tomorrow, and things are better that ever

Take care,
Elaine

Closed Thread