It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
(male)

defdafi HB User
Lower back injury

Hi everybody,
Two days ago, I was at the river and I decided to jump from a 6-7 feet high rock. I jumped on my feet in the water and to my great surprise the water was shallow.... only 2 feet of water... I landed on both my feet and I initailly did not feel anything. After 5 minutes or so I started feeling that there is was something wrong with my lower back. There wasn't any pain but once I bend or bow I feel some pain. I feel very limited on what I could do with my body.
I understand that the cause of the injury is teh fact that I was not expecting that the water was shallow....
What do you recommend me to do???

Old 08-17-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Lower back injury

Welcome Defdafi!! I'm so sorry to hear of your pain, there's just too many people suffering these days!!
I'd suggest that you go and see your dr, and have a scan taken on your back!! Drs are usually reluctant to run the expensive ones unless they KNOW they have good reason. So don't take a no for an answer!!! Let him/her know that you want to know for sure, and for them to actually get a look inside to see if there's any damage!!
It may not be anything serious, but from 6-7ft up?? I'd bet you've jarred your spine, which could easily herniate a disc!! Please get an appt ASAP!! Let us know what you find out, take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

madhatter HB User

Out2lunch is right,just because it was only 7 feet doesn't mean a thing.Years ago my cousin broke both his legs from jumping off a 6 foot roof!

Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 AM   #4

Josephine66 HB User

I would go to the doctor and ask for an MRI. You could have definitly done some major damage from that height.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Rampage HB User

Totally agree...it's important to determine if it's a vertebral or muscular injury. I spent the last 4 years dealing with my back injury, and so much of it in the first year or so was the "traditional" treatment route. PT, acupuncture, chiro, etc. - all this "therapy" when we didn't have a clue as to the cause of my pain.

I just wish we'd had the foresight to stick with the diagnostics first...I think much of my frustration at my "progress" would have been diminished greatly.

I suspect that because it only hurts when you bend down that it's muscular, but that's just my guess. An MRI or CT Scan would at least eliminate one of the causes, even if it doesn't find the cause. Good luck, and take it easy if you can.
IDET '04
Laminectomy '06
Fusion (BMP) L4-5 '11
Anterior Fusion (BMP) L3-S1 '13

Closed Thread