It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 06:42 PM   #1

xtoyota HB User
myelagram

what is a myelagram and what do they do. and also why is it so hard to do surgery around the t5 area. im a 38yr old male im 250 pounds. i have my good days and i have my bad days with pain and im just tired of hurting and im to the point where i want the surgury.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 08:09 PM   #2

colleen b HB User
Re: myelagram

I am having a myelogram on Monday morning! Not excited about it! I will let you know after how it is. I hear that they put dye into your epidural space of your spine and see if everything is where it should be when they take a ct scan. Not sure if I am correct. I have about 6 herniations throughout my spine and they are trying to figure out which one is actually causing my pain. i am sick of everyone guessing and misdiagnosing me for the past 2 years.

Yes, I am with you on the pain thing. What else can we do though. Take one day at a time and do your best to get through that day. I believe that our mental health plays a big role in our recovery. It is quite hard to not be depressed when you are in so much pain every day and night without any releif, counting the hours til you can take your next pain med. I never thought that I would ever be taking pain meds on a regular basis, let alone 2 years worth of them.

Feel better! I will let you know how I am Tuesday or wednesday!

Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
(female)

melabee HB User

the myelogram, to me, was a breeze, but it is different for every person. try not to fret about it. you'll both be fine.

Old 08-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #4

Stormy01 HB User

Myleograms aren't bad. They inject dye into your spinal canal and then see if you are leaking spinal fluid anywhere, and to see if all the nerve roots are ok, with the dye making them very visable. It's a very useful diagnostic tool, and has improved a lot now that they use a water based dye.

You will feel a little discomfort from the needle, but they are good about pain control, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only thing I hated was that I felt like I couldn't move with that needle in my canal. I was frozed with fear. But you shouldn't be. Just ask for some Valium before hand. You'll do just fine.

I don't know, after a discogram, not much else hurts. Not even nerve root blocks. I don't even feel them anymore.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:04 PM   #5

xtoyota HB User

thanks yall
i was worried about the myelagram. i take its like a epadurel. my wife went to the family doc today and i also went to ask some ? he told me i was going to have surgery and we would find a surgen. that helped me alots. before that i thought i was going to be disabled the rest of my lifebecause the surgeons was turning me down because of a heart attack and where the rupture was.
thanks again everyone for all the reply on all the threads. god bless yall!!

Old 08-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #6

colleen b HB User

Hi Everyone

Thankyou so much for all of the tips! I will let you know how I make out on Tuesday!

Colleen

Closed Thread