It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #1

xtoyota HB User
back pain

i am the wife of xtoyota. i have had back pain around my shoulder blade for sometime now . i dont think it is a disc problem . not sure what it is.scared to see a doctor . scared of what it might be. i am a smoker i dont have a cough or anything like that. but i had a aunt that died with lung cancer. she said she hurt there all the time. i can move and stretch and it makes it feel better at times. or having it rubbed hard at time makes it feel better.

Old 08-20-2004, 07:18 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: back pain

Hi XToyota's wife LOL!! Could we have a first name? Welcome aboard all the same!!!
I know you're scared, but you really need to find out what's going on!! It's always better safe then sorry, and if things are caught in the early stages, you usually have a fighting chance to fix it!!
Is it possible that you've lifted something, of moved the wrong way and pulled a muscle?? Or, are you stressed about something??
I do have herniated discs etc., but find when I get stressed about things (ie:finances), I get pain inbetween and around the shoulder blades, as well as rock hard shoulders!! At times, it gets so painful that it hurts to even breathe!! I especially can't take a deep breath!
Is that what's happening to you, or is the pain deeper then that?? Also, I know you don't think there's a disc problem, but what if there is? Is it not better to know and then take care of it, if at all possible??
I do understand how you feel, as I hate to hear what's been going on with me, and scared to death of what my future holds when it comes to my spine deteriating!! But, I also owe it to my hubby and kids to do whatever I can to keep myself as healthy as possible!!
Please see your dr, then come back and let us know how it went ok?? It could be something minor and simple, yet you're stressing yourself, and it could all be for nothing!! Why put yourself, or your family through this?? I'd probably even go so far as to ask the dr for a scan, so you can see inside and know for sure that there's nothing serious going on!
I pray that it's nothing serious, and can't wait to hear exactly that, from you when you come back! ((HUGS)), take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #3

xtoyota HB User
Re: back pain

out to lunch . i just wanted to let you know i went to the doctor. he thinks it is in my ribs. he took chest and rib xrays. i will get the results on wed. of next week. i will let you know what he says.

Closed Thread