It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 09:17 AM   #1

Fly_Girl01 HB User
Will this ever heal? (kinda long)

As you can see in my sig, I have quite a few problems with my neck and back. The most problematic of those are several compression fractures of my t-spine vertebrae. This is due to an auto accident (I hit the steering wheel HARD). Anyway, the doctor who has taken care of me throughout all of this has prescribed 20 mgs OxyContin twice a day with Lorcet 10 for BT pain. When he first found the problem, he said "Oh dont worry, these things heal in about 6 weeks, 8 weeks at the most." And sent me on my merry way. Well it has passed that timeframe, and I am not doing a bit better, if anything worse. I took a leave of absence from school, do not lift anything heavier than my cat, lol and have taken it easy like he said. I cant go to PT yet because it hurts to move anything in my midsection.
So, I went and got a 2nd opinion. That doctor (NS) said the same thing and that he really didnt want to operate on someone as yound as me (27 years old).

So essentially, what Im wondering is, I also have a severe case of DDD, so will they EVER heal themselves with the DDD? I go on Monday for yet another (3rd) opinion on this. I want to avoid surgery, but at the same time Im tired of laying on the couch wasting my summer away popping pills that give me the mentality of a three year old and the memory of a 90 year old. Sorry, but thats the best way I can explain it. Im depressed because all of my friends from school quit coming over to visit and calling me, I guess because Im too "boring" for them and catn go out and do all of the things we used to.

Im leaving for vacation to Ft. Lauderdale with my hubby after the appt. on Monday for 2 weeks, so Im hoping that will at least lift my spirit. Im just tired of going to the Dr. every 2 weeks, with him saying , "oh it should be feeling better by now, just give it more time" and another script before sending me on my way.

Cliff Notes: Do compression fractures of multiple vertebrae ever heal themselves in someone with a pretty advanced case of DDD? Its been like 10 weeks and counting...........

Thanks for listening to me whine and feel sorry for myself, you guys are the greatest!

Hope everyone has a pain free weekend

-Amy
DDD T9-T10
Retrolisthesis L5-S1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #2

healmyback HB User
Re: Will this ever heal? (kinda long)

Have your tried prolotherapy or traction? Traction is suppose to give space for your disc to let blood and nutrient to flow better. Prolotherapy has injections to inflame tendons and ligaments to speed the healing process to make it 40% stronger then before which is supposed to help your back. DDD is one of them listed. I was going to try but i have to to core PT trainning with special machines.

good luck and try to heal on your own with help of accupucnture and things listed above for at least year or two after injuries.

good luck

Closed Thread