It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #1

GOBKS96 HB User
Is This Bad??????

The Following Is What My Mri Report Says, And I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew How Bad This Sounds. It States...

There Is A Decrease In The Disc Space Height At L5-s1, Which Is Moderate In Severity, Associated With Desiccation Of The Disc. Axial Images At L5-s1 Demonstrate A Broad-based Central Disc Herniation Of The Protrusion Type, Moderate In Size, In The Anterior Epidural Space And Abutting The Exiting Rootlets, Eccentric To The Left. Moderate Size Disc Herniation And Spondylosis At L5-s1.

I Am Actually Glad I Have A Reason To Explain My Pain, If Anyone Knows Anything More About This I Would Appreciate Their Input. I Do Not Have An Appointment With The Doctor Until Next Thursday, And Was Also Wondering If I Should Be On Anything Stronger Than Tylenol 3. To Be Honest, The Tylenol Does Not Help Me.

Thanks For Your Help- Bill

Old 08-20-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Inactive

Racharina HB User
Re: Is This Bad??????

HI Bill, mmhh can't understand somethings you mentioned but others are so familiar to me. I had a "decrease" space also on L5-S1. Also a herniation to the Right that was pinching my nerve. The "decrease" space they called it "collapsed disc".. they couldn't really do much about it, only fuse it if continues to hurt really bad. The doctor only did [i]hemilaminectomy/discectomy[/i] to me since according to him, I was too young to be fused. He says if it continue to hurt after a year we would talk about having a fusion. It has been 14 months post surgery.. still hurts but no as bad. Makes me take a pain killer now every 3 days. That is a big improvement from after popping up a LOT of painkiller everyday through they day.

Do I need a fusion in the future? I don't know.. So far I think I should leave it as it is.. they say doing too many things to one disc can be more harmful than good.

ah ... and any kind of Tylenol, is like m&m s to me. Don't do a thing to me.

Good Luck!
-Raiza

[QUOTE=GOBKS96]The Following Is What My Mri Report Says, And I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew How Bad This Sounds. It States...[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Racharina; 08-23-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Is This Bad??????

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Abutting The Exiting Rootlets, Eccentric To The Left. Moderate Size Disc Herniation And Spondylosis At L5-s1.[/COLOR]

This is the part to worry about. I would go in with questions in hand and ask him to explain each and every aspect of the MRI with you using models. pictures, and drawings.

Closed Thread