It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #1

carlaanna HB User
5 months after surgery still pain??

I had surgery 5 months ago. I had three discs replaced l3,4,& 5. I have 2 rods, 2 plates and 6 3" screws. They also took bone from my hip. It now aches deep inside. My low back feel like i have a cinder block roped onto my back. The pain is better than before surgery but it is a different kind of pain now. How long will this last. My doc has dropped me down to lortab 5 and sometimes i have to take 2 to control it. He wants me to start physical therapy also and I am terrified that it will result in more surgery. Has anyone else had the surgery i've had and still having trouble?

Old 08-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #2

dustystar30 HB User
Re: 5 months after surgery still pain??

Hi Carlaanna,
I am so sorry for all your pain, I know what you are going through. I had my surgery back 9 months ago and still in very much pain. It is also radiating down my butt and leg again. I was let go from my doctor unless I have more trouble then he wants to see me. So that is what I am doing this month. I am still on 10mg of lortabs and another medication neurotin for the nerve pain but its not helping either. I went to PT already and it was a nightmare, hurt like you know what. I hope you have alot of luck. I don't want to scare you anymore then you already are. I would take your medication before you go and let them know if it hurts you. I told them and they didn't make me do it. Then they would stop that one for a while and then try it again. I wish you all the luck and get well soon. Dustystar30

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carol632 HB User
Re: 5 months after surgery still pain??

[I]Your doctor needs to listen to you....insist on another MRI just to see how things are and that all the hardware is intact and where it is supposed to be. Scar tissue could be causing some of your pain.
When/if you go to PT, do NOT let them push you. If something causes pain, stop! You can expect soreness, but not increased pain or pain while doing the exercises. All my doctors have told me that....never do any exercise or motion that causes more pain or new pain.
Let us know how it goes.

Carol[/I]
morphine pump

Closed Thread