It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 08:33 AM   #1

MKP HB User
Disability Dr. Appts. set

I have my disability Dr appts coming up in 3 weeks. One is to meet with a counselor for clinical drpression related to my back and the other is to meet with a Dr. about my back. Can anyone tell me what to expect. I am so scared that the Dr.s will not understand my situation and I will be denied for disability.

Thanks!

Posterior Fusion L4-L5-S1 (January 28th, 2005)

Old 08-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #2

MKP HB User
Re: Disability Dr. Appts. set

For aome reason my signature is not letting me add that I have also done a myelogram, chiropractor, accupuncture, and am currently doing DRX and physical therapy.

Posterior Fusion L4-L5-S1 (January 28th, 2005)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

ladybird988 HB Userladybird988 HB User

Have you had surgery? I just had a microdiskectomy for a top to bottom annular tear in L4/L5 with free fragment on nerve and it seems to have helped (7 weeks postop). I put the surgery off until I got drop foot and then it became real serious. I regained the use of my leg with the surgery and have no more spine pain, just butt and leg pain still.

I don't know much about disability, but it seems that they want you to exhaust all possibilities, including surgery, before you can get it??? At least that's what one person told me who has had these surgeries. And now he's denied disability because he refuses more surgeries for his back. He feels the surgeries messed him up worse.

I hope that's not the case with you. Prayers. I totally relate to you. Somedays, this pain has got so bad I don't know if I can go on after three years of it. I've considered disability and even whether I can go on with the pain period. It's horrible. I don't like having a fried brain from the narcotic painkillers.

Best of luck to you. Let us know what happens please.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #4

dustystar30 HB User

Hi, I have my court date this week with social security. There doctor will go over with you what is wrong and exam you too. I have been denied three times now and have had surgery. That is why I am going to court now. It has been 2 years now since I first applied, so be patient you are in for a long ride if they don't approve you this time. Just remember keep reapplying right after you get denied or you will have to start all over again. You might even have to hire an attorney. I did. Good luck to all.
Still in much pain Dustystar30

Old 08-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Document, Document, Document, come in with everything. Everyone who applies for disability should keep a diary. A diary is considered evidence on court.

We were approved the first time but only because we were not looking for a cash settlement and because we had documented everything.

Take the time to make up a binder and get those dividers thingies and take in all of your medical records, printout of pharmacy records, days off work, and anything else that you can think of.

Don't get depressed if they don't approve you the first time. They are not on your side. It is their job to turn you down.

Once you are approved, it will be on your record for life. It will effect any future jobs that you may want and any insurance that you apply for such as life or health insurance so weigh your pros and cons very carefully.

There are some instances where the *back* per se is not considered a disability in itself. Is this work related? Is this SSI, SS, or OWCP? Private, or govenment.

Closed Thread