It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Exclamation Tailbone pain and increased back pain

Had an MRI a few years back and I know for sure that L3-L5 are herniated. I did fairly well for a few years but am now having severe back pain, especially since having an ESI.
I know I need to get another MRI done, no question about that, but I've had a bad onset of tailbone pain these last few days. The bottom of my back feels like its on fire and I have this really strong but dull pain in my tailbone. Does anyone have a clue what would be causing that? Would the lumbar cause that pain?

I am taking morphine and vicodin for pain, it's not touching it. Flexeril is stopping some of the spams but I don't know what else to do in the intermin till I can get into a doctor to have it checked again.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Tailbone pain and increased back pain

might need an adjustment. Do you feel out of place? Call an osteopath to get an adjustment. There are so exercises on the net that help you adjust yourself that might work meantime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 02:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

I have just been thru physical therapy for the SI joint in the low back, it was a burning pain like you describe. I also went the PT for a herniated thoracic disc just over 4 years ago & have been able to avoid surgery due to PT so far. You might want to ask your doctor to let you try PT. I had horrible results from a chiro, they only made the pain worse. PT's are so much better trained & really know what they are doing to help you & also give you things you can do to help yourself the rest of your life, unlike chiros who keep you coming back for adjustments month after month. It's worth a try, I was willing to try everything before having surgery.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

It's not really feeling out of place its just this really contants strong but dull pain.
I can't do a Chiro I have a syndrome called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome where my joints will dislocate on their own and it's even worse if a chiro tries anything. They usually end up dislocating nearly every joint they touch. A simple yawn will dislocate my jaw that's how lax the joints are.

Therapy is a good suggestion that I can do I honestly don't feel I'm at the point of having to need surgery, or at least I hope not!

Old 08-24-2004, 08:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Kissa: I was thinking more of an adjustment by an osteopath than a chiroprator. Find one in your area that specializes in back adjustments only.

The dull pain can be from a mis aligmment of your tail bone. That could cause your lumbar pain.

Closed Thread