It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 AM   #1

ohiotojersey HB User
Question Is it a strain or disk problem?

I was involved in an auto accident one-year ago. 2-days after I had tremendous pain in my left shoulder and could hardly sleep. It slowly went a way and took about a month and a half. I periodically get alot of popping and cracking in my shoulder and collar bone areas. Also since the accident I get a tightness cramping feeling between my shoulder balde and my spine. This happens every so often and is not consistantly present. I feel as if I need to stretch it out al the time. I have my wife massage the area periodically and when she does I can feel a mild sensation that starts at my shoulder blade/spine through my shoulder and my neck area. I get frequent headaches that are very mild and neck pain with a weak muscle feeling. Sometimes my shoulder feels weak too. Does this sound like a strain or a disk problem? I did go to therapy but could only go for a month as I could not afford the co-pays because the rest of my family needed treatment and they were priority. Finally, I was diagnosed with deep tissue strain in my neck and upper body region by my PT.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:26 AM   #2

AS300 HB User
Re: Is it a strain or disk problem?

I don't have any experience with neck pain or upper back pain, so I can't really give too much information on that. However, while I'm a big fan of physical therapy, you said your PT 'diagnosed' you...I don't know if I would trust the diagnosis of a PT. If this is still bothering you or you think it was mis-diagnosed, I would suggest going to see the doctor (maybe a different doctor). They may do some more tests or scans that could pinpoint the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 08:41 AM   #3
Inactive

lisa43 HB User

While I am NO doctor, it sounds like you need to visit an actual doctor as it might be a disk problem, but now I could be wrong. I would really enjoy hearing the results of a doctor over those who aren't, but thats just my oppion. Please seek out a good doctor and discover exactly what is causing this mess of problems for you.

Lisa`M

Old 08-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #4

ohiotojersey HB User

Thanks for the replies. I have a doctors appointment Wednesday. Hopefully I will be able to find out for sure myself what the problem is.

Closed Thread