It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #1

healmyback HB User
Annular Tears(? and update)

Ok, once again I ask since there was no reply.
Is "high intensity left annular tear" mean it is a "HIZ"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc Info

I stopped my accupuncture and will be starting on a new PT training program.
More of a core training. I took my assesment today(made by how strong my back) The machine read that i am something like 60% weaker back then an average normal back person. why is that not a surprise... Well I hope to raise that up and the PT guy said that I will work on my leg, butt, and back muscle.

I do believe that and i have been doing some leg and butt excercises at home with no weights other then my leg weight(including my boots to put 1.5 lb on each leg. hehe) What amazes me still is that i do them very conciously so I have my back straight and not too much pressure is built there. Next day I feel just the same with slight soreness. But it is not like lifting pain. My goal is to have strong leg, butt, and back muscle and hopefully it will heal.

I took owestry test and i have 36% disability. My friend although took this and he had simmilar and he sure does not seem to have that much pain and works away like a mad man.(I thinks he thinks that his mind is stronger but he wont think that once he has that kind of pain....)

Closed Thread