It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Finally some good news!!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Last night, my pm dr's nurse phoned me!! He's still being a jerk, and not taking over my care again, since I no longer have a dr to do so! But, she still cares about me LOL, or atleast understands my situation!!
She told me what he'd said, and that she had called a dr she knew of, to see if they're taking new patients, and THANK GOD, they are!!! She didn't mention me to them, though I wish she had LOL!! But, she told me to call them right away, and I did!!
Turns out, they're taking new patients, but not til Sept.!! I spoke to a really sweet woman, and she didn't even run when I told her about my running out of pain meds soon, and that they were needed from injuries I sustained from a car accident LOL!! I don't normally tell them that part at first LOL, but had a good feeling about her!!
She told me that she could fit me in at the end of Sept, but I told her that I didn't think my meds would last that long!! So, she went away for a few mins, came back apologizing, and told me she could fit me in, Sept. 7th at 10am!!! THANK THE LORD HAHA!! I'm not sure if they'll last til then either, but I'm not going to complain!! They're really booked up, and she cared enough to fit me in!! So, everyone cross your fingers for me, and pray!! I'm going to need it LOL!! Lord knows, I've been through enough, and tested way too much since this whole accident happened!! I was truly running out of strength to fight anymore too!!
I'm trying hard, not to get my hopes up too high, as I'd hate to come crashing down!! But, atleast I can rest easy for a little while right??
I knew of this dr, as soon as the pm's nurse told me, and was so happy to hear that he's taking new patients!! A friend of mine, goes to this dr!! She's always had good things to say about him, including that he'll take phone calls LOL! Which is so rare these days!!
Her and I haven't been getting along lately, 'cause I had yelled at her jerk of a boyfriend! So, I couldn't ask her about this dr before, and I'd forgotten what his last name was! Or I would've called there when I first learned about my dr closing his office!
I'm a little skeptical though, as there's two drs in this office, and my friend had told me once, that one of them gave her a hard time when she first went there, and made her prove that she needed her meds!! She has seen both drs, so I can't remember which one it was, but pray it wasn't the one I'm going to see LOLOL!!
This "friend" has a rare bone disease(SEDS), and therefore, "carries her disability "on her sleeve" (her words LOL)!! She stands just over 3ft., and her spine is visibly curved!! I just couldn't understand how they could do that to her, when you can see that she's in serious pain!! Which makes me worry about me, as I don't carry mine on my sleeve!!
I'm trying to stay positive, but it's not easy LOL! Especially when we try to protect ourselves from the possibility of falling hard!! Plus, this dr ought to be good for my case, 'cause he used to be a lawyer too!!
Anyway, I can rest easy til this appt., and I see how he reacts to my situation!! I just pray that I have enough meds til then, and that this all works out for me!! Lord knows I've been through enough, and truly can't take anymore!
Thanks so much for being here, and caring about my sorry *** LOL!! I don't know what I'd do without you all!! I'd like to return the favour one day, if ever need be!
Keep your fingers crossed and pray that this all works out ok?? I know I will be haha!! I'll keep you all informed of how it goes, take care!! ((HUGS))[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Finally some good news!!

I am very happy for you! It is always a relief to find a dr, and especially one with a caring staff. So many are rude these days and don't care at all. I went to the ortho doc today and one of the receptionists was extremely rude, starting when we got there (though not to me) and she was still saying smart butt remarks to others when we left almost two hours later. I don't get it. I won't repost what the doc said, but I made a thread about it"leaving backs....". I hope all goes well for you and I bet you just can't wait to see her! Best wishes and here's to healing-bottoms up
mel

Old 08-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
Inactive

out2lunch HB User

Hi Mel, thanks for all the well wishes, it truly means alot!! You're right, I can't wait to see this new dr, but am worried at the same time LOL! I've had my run-ins with those rude/nasty drs you speak of, and too many to count!! I really don't think I could handle another one!
I'm also hoping that he'll be a great help for my lawsuit too, since he used to be a lawyer!! Though I can't help but wonder why he isn't one anymore? LOL!!
Cheers to your bottoms up!! Take care!

Old 08-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #4

MaO3 HB User

HI Out2lunch

Glad you posted this thread, I've been off the board for a few days and was going to start a thread to see how you were doing. I'm so pleased that you've found someone. I will hope for you that this Dr is a decent sole. I will await the news of how your visit with him goes.
Ma

Closed Thread