It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #1

jh19059 HB User
Good News And Bad News

Well five months after my PLIF L5 S1 operaation, My Doc tells me That I have completely fused. My leg pain and numbness have gone away But my back still continues to hurt though not to the point of needing meds. My Doc says that the back pain of this mild intensity is not uncommon and more than likely I will probably always have it when I do any sort of strenous activity. As far as my job as a police officer goes he believes that if I continue getting into foot chases and fights that sooner or later I will mess up the upper levels and will 9 times out 10 need another operation. So to make sure this will never happen he placed in my medical file work restrictions of no excessive lifting, twistng, bending,prolonged standing or sitting. These are indefinite. So since I have all these restrictions my employer placed me on indefinte light duty working a desk. Well at least I still have a job as a police officer. But more importantly I feel &0% better now Than before the operation. Don't get me wrong some days it hurts like hell when I over due but at least now I know my limitaions. Godd Luck to Everybody!!!

Jerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #2
Inactive

out2lunch HB User
Re: Good News And Bad News

Hi Jerry, that is great news!!! Something that we don't get much of these days, now do we LOL!!
Are you happy with having to work desk duty though?? My uncle was very upset when he was made to, but you don't sound all that upset about it! You also sound like you have a great attitude towards things, which is really good considering all you've been through!!
Are you married? If so, I'm sure your wife's feeling better with you working at the desk now LOL!! I know I'd feel much better if my DH was!! He's not a police officer, but if he was, I know I would worry everytime he went to work!!
Anyway, good luck to you, take care!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread