It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Red face Extremely overwhelmed!!!

Ok.... I got a copy of my Neurologists notes today from my August 17th appointment, after him saying that he felt my MRI was normal, but the MRI report states otherwise.... [B]It states that I have a reherniation of 3mm to the left at L5-S1...touching the S1 left nerve[/B].... he states in his notes he does not agree with the MRI report that he does not feel my problem is a reherniation, and does not see why I am having this pain, and where it is comming from....because it is not compressing the nerve just touching it.... and because my surgery was on the right at L5-S1... isnt it possible it still reherniated on the left?? You can see the bulge on the films in plain sight.... He states he is sending me to pain management for a Epidural Steroid Injection because he feels it is granulation tissue???..... Its like he does not want to admit that perhaps the surgery he did, didnt work completely, and hes isnt as perfect as he wants to think he is... with his statement, "once I do one of these, I never have to go back and redo it" which we all know is bull...Sorry if this sounds like I am ranting... but actually I guess I am.... it just totally overwhelms me.....

Old 08-26-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Extremely overwhelmed!!!

If you looked up failed back surgery syndrome on the net and sat down to read people's stories, you could spend the rest of your entire life and not finish reading them. Every time that I mention my back to someone, whether it be in a store, at a friend's home, or at work, someone has a FBSS story. It is anything from not working out, to reherniating, or the discs below or above became weak and now need surgery, to "the doctor did not tell me about the possibility of the pain from the scar tissue", or "the doctor never told me that this would not make me 100% okay".

No one likes to admit failure. If I were you, I would seek another opinion. I would not do the shot. Touching a nerve is NOT good. Ask him if you can touch one of his nerves.

You can get an order for an EMG to see what is going on with the nerve. I would demand that he do one or see someone that will. Even if the swelling goes down with the ESI, it is still going to touch on the nerve. He is trying to buy time. Cases like this are why doctors charge so much and are reluctant to take new patients. You know why they call them practicing physicians? Cause they practice on patients.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
Veteran

standingman HB User

I agree about getting a different opinion if your gut tells you this doc is mssing the boat.

Standingman

Old 08-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #4

Stormy01 HB User

I'm really sorry to hear this, Texas. I hate condesending doctors and ones that lie to cover up a mistake they made are even worse. Get a new surgeon. This one had his chance and he failed. But I like Betty's idea. First ask him if you can touch one of his nerves with a peice of herniated disk and see how he likes it.

I hope you find a really good surgeon who'll take care of you. There are some out there. The problem is they get such fat heads because they make so much money and drive ferarri's. Who cares. You can't take it with you when you die and the Good Lord above will judge them and their behavior eventually. I'm a great believer of what goes around comes around. You do good for others and others do good for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and give you all my hope for a better outcome.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

oh gosh, have you read my latest post on my stupid dr??? Seems similiar in many ways

Closed Thread