It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #1

vicki62822 HB User
Question lumbar epidural w/botxin

Has anyone had the lumbar epidural with botxin? I'm scheduled to have the 1st of 3 on 9/3. My dad had the injection but with steroid. So, I was hoping to find someone who has had the botxin so I could ask a few questions. I had an MRI on Wednesday, I'm sure it will show bone chips since the disk shattering runs in the family. Just hope this works I'm not ready for back surgery. Thanks for any help.

Vicki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: lumbar epidural w/botxin

is it botox? If so, the only thing I can relate it to is this: When I was working with spinal cord patients, we would give them a lot of botox injections to help with muscle spasms and pain. Their spasms were pretty severe and their whole body would tense and shake. We also used botox on brain injuries and that helped with the contractions of the muscles. So, in relation to the spine however, I don't know much. My guess is that it helps with the pain. I don't know however, just passing on my own knowledge of botox.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread