It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Question Sex and the back/maybe too much information

I am just curious, as this seems to be a problem in our house, how directly related is back pain to sex. This is not to be rude, or to be weird, I honestly would like to know.

I noticed that while making love with my husband, it stetches out the back, as well as allows for pelvic tilts, which are part of my exercise program. So, my question is, in relationship to the back, does it help or hurt? Does not making love for extended periods of time eventually make your back stiff? Is there a way to make love that is safe with an injured back?

As we get older and things come up and we make love less often is that detrimental to our backs? Is part of the reason that our pelvis tilts and the whole mechanics of love making is geared towards back health? My husband's back never hurt at all when we made love all of the time. When I hurt my back, he and I had to back away for about a year. In that time his back started hurting. I took notice one night when making love that the back is very involved in the process. Not romantic, I know, but I am looking for input. I do not want to put my husband's back health at risk because of something I was not doing.

Is there a study out there somewhere? All I need is a yes or no, no websites, please.

When I am laying in bed in the morning doing my pelvic tilts I can't help but wonder if that is part of why we have hurting backs? that we didn't make love as much as we used to.

I have searched for information on this everywhere and doctors don't seem to answer me so I thought that I would ask fellow back patients. I can understand if you find this too personal but Ithink that it is a valid question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Sex and the back/maybe too much information

you know what? VERY good question. For me, the only time sex hurts is at the end. If I am on top, he has to roll me off. My knees and ankles lock up so bad and are in great pain. Same goes missionary. If I had pulled my knees up to my chest, it takes a min to straighten them out. These are problems with arthritis, but how embarrassing is that? I am 26 for pete's sake!!!! Old beyond my time, I tell ya.
Well, as far as my back, it can get real painful afterwards. Like the other night, I felt okay. I went to use the restroom afterwards, but a shooting pain prevented me from bending over to put the lid down on the toilet. I couldn't bend at all. I felt like there was a hook catching in my low back. Wonder if that is the spur???
Anyhoot, to answer, yes it hurts, but for my back, usually afterwards.
I don't know where to get info on this though, sorry.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

mel. I was thinking that the missionary position is just like the knees to the chest that we are supposed to do.

thank you for answering me. I had no idea where else to ask. I don't go to my ob/gyn and when I do, she tells me to ask my spine doctor. When I ask him, he tells me to ask my OB/GYN. It is so confusing.

When I was first injured, SI, I thought that it would kill me. Then I found that it was actually helping with the tilts and knee to chest. Right now it is out of the question due to my husband's neck injury and his cast.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

that would be confusing. Well, what about from behind? I can rest my pelvis on a big pillow and that gives me the support I need. I can also use another pillow for my head.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Never cared for that positon. Not sure why.

nite,

Old 08-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I dont' really either, but my hubby loves it. Night to you too.

Closed Thread