It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Got Results from the Addendum (comparison) of my MRI's

Ok Guys.... I got the results from the addendum (comparison) of my MRI's and this is what it said.... Could someone please help put it into more simple english...

[B]1ST MRI.....SHOWED THE 9 MM BULGE AT L5-S1 ETC....AND A SLIGHT DISC BULDGE AT L4-5 WITH MILD CANAL NARROWING. ( which I had surgery for the L5-S1, but nothing done for the L4-5)

2ND MRI...

IMPRESSION:

STATUS POST L5-S1 SURGERY WITH SUSPECTED RECURRENT/RESIDUAL POSTERIOR LEFT PARACENTRAL DISC HERNIA, PARACENTRAL TO THE DISC SPACE 3 MM , TOUCHING THE DESCENDING LEFT S1 NERVE WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT COMPRESSION ON THE NERVE ROOT.[/B]

[B][U]ADDENDUM (COMPARISON) WITH/WO CONTRAST[/U]

FINDINGS:

THE PREVIOUS EXAM DEMONSTRATES A LARGE CENTRAL DISC PROTRUSION NOTED AT L5-S1. THERE HAS BEEN PREVIOUS SURGERY IN THIS AREA AND RESECTION OF THE PREVIOUSLY NOTED DISC PROTRUSION; HOWEVER. THE UPPER MOST SLICE OF L5-S1 REMAINS UNCHANGED IN APPEARANCE SINCE THE PREVIOUS EXAM.

I SUSPECT THAT THIS IS A RESIDUAL OF THE LARGE DISC PROTRUSION NOTED IN THE EXAM ON 5-13-04.

IMPRESSION:

COMPARISON WAS MADE WITH AN MRI EXAM DONE 5-13-04, WHICH SHOWED A LARGE CENTRAL DISC PROTRUSION THAT DOES IMPINGE UPON THE RIGHT AND LEFT S1 NERVE ROOTS. THERE IS A RESIDUAL NOTED IN THE MIDLINE AT THIS TIME. NO COMPRESSION ON EITHER NERVE ROOT IS SEEN AT THIS TIME.[/B]

Basically my ortho said that in simple english it says that there is a piece of the disc about 3mm in size touching the left S1 nerve... but no impingement or compression...either it is residual scar tissue, or he said it could be a piece of the disc that my Neuro missed during the surgery, and he suggested that I go for the ESI, and if that doesn't help he says my Neuro might want to think again about going back in and looking at the disc....

Also... it says nowhere on the MRI results anything about the slight bulge at L4-5 in the first original MRI... and nobody can tell me why... I kept asking them that and they kept saying.... I really dont know....

basically some input and opinions about the MRI results would be a huge help... PLEASE!!!!

Thanks ALL!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Got Results from the Addendum (comparison) of my MRI's

Take your MRI's and reports to another doctor.

Closed Thread